You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-03 01:11:45

Y3k

Additional laptop function keys and KDE

Hello everybody. If I install all KDE packages with:

sudo pacman -S kde

I got native support for all my laptop function keys (like volume control, mute, etc...) with also graphic icons showing up when I choose a function. Of course I also get a ton of other software which I don't need. Sadly to say, installing only kde-base (which of course is the way I want to proceed in order to fully configure my system only with what I need) doesn't provide this functionality. I spent some time looking at all KDE packages with:

pacman -Ss kde | less

to find out the one I need, without success. Has anyone any idea about the packages I may need to install? Thank you.

Last edited by Y3k (2011-10-03 01:12:05)

#2 2011-10-03 12:07:50

Y3k

Re: Additional laptop function keys and KDE

no one? up...

#3 2011-10-03 16:15:48

ewaller
Administrator

Moderator comment:

Perhaps the lack of response means there is no one out here with an answer.  Maybe you should provide more information, or tell us what you learned in half day since the first post.

For example, do you think that telling us the type of laptop might be useful?

Please read our policy

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2011-12-16 02:12:28

Juan

From what I understand you might want kdemultimedia-kmix to control volume, then the key bindings will appear as well.

Board footer