You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-20 03:33:32

mhertz

[SOLVED]/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt missing from fresh install?

Hi!

I was wondering if any of you could understand why I need to reinstall ca-certificates post-install, so as /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt gets generated back?

I'm installing from a netinstall x86_64 image with automatic AIF profile and from [testing] repo?

Since the file gets made when installing post-install, then I thought that it was rather an install issue instead of a [testing] one? I dunno...

I've just run a new install from the usb stick, and still the same, and pacman.log states that ca-certificates is installed fine, but again the file is missing and I get complaints in vt1 when browsing https sites and when using curl and such, unless I do a reinstall of ca-certificates...

Thanks in advance!

-- EDIT --

Problem solved by latest perl from testing repo...

Last edited by mhertz (2012-01-03 01:40:16)

#2 2011-12-21 01:30:36

mhertz

Re: [SOLVED]/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt missing from fresh install?

.. Just wanted to add that of course I know that the ca-certificates.crt isn't in the actual package, but that it _should_ be generated by running update-ca-certificates from the packages install script, but just isn't upon install...

The package is also out of testing now and in core I see...

Anyway, to fix this, I guess I just need to add an extra chroot command in my AIF config which runs 'update-ca-certificates --fresh', since atleast that works i.e. generates ca-certificates.crt, but i've only tried it post-install, and I don't want to do another install again, as I did 2 yesterday...

Again, if anybody could help me with some kind of explanation or theory or whatever for this, then I would really appreciate it!

I _do_ think that the update-ca-certificates command is run correctly during install, as else I guess I wouldn't have all these symlinks in my /etc/ssl/certs/ folder, but then why it dosen't generate that additional ca-certificates.crt file, I really do not understand...

Thanks in advance!

(I don't want to report an error before being absolutelly sure that it is an actual error and that I know exactly what i'm talking about in the report...)

-- EDIT --

I just did a "normal" test-install of arch64-net in a VM, i.e. without using AIF's automatic procedure, and just selected the core repo and to install base(wget depends on ca-certificates), and in the output there where reported:

Installing ca-certificates... Error: Command failed to execute correctly.

There weren't anything more specific in /var/log/{pacman,aif}.log about this, and again there where no ca-certificates.crt generated, and it first appeared after manually running update-ca-certificates post-install...

I'm gonna make a bug-report on the bugtracker now then...

Last edited by mhertz (2011-12-21 03:16:40)

Board footer