You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-23 04:20:17

ghostwalker

One Year....

Well it has been one year since I started using Arch Linux.
I have around eight years experience with Linux in on distro or another.
This distro is the in my eyes the simplest to setup and understand. There is a great bunch of people here that help out. Judd Vinet's(sp.) idea about Arch is awsome I really like the direction that it is going.
I have a background of a sys admin/programmer. Though my programming experience is several year old. The old dbase/clipper days. Right now I am teaching myself python. Arch is a really execellent base for a development system to be setup. I had everything, all the modules, etc. setup in one day.
I just have to say the past year has been awsome. Pacman in my eyes is flawless. It has not caused any problems at all. I stay up to date often.

Thanks for a great year with a awsome distro.

Walt Nelson.... big_smile

P4 2.8Ghz @ 2.8Ghz SL6WT
Zalman CNPS7000-Cu
865PE Neo-2 LS BIOs 2.4
512mb Mushkin Level II
160GB Maxtor HD
Geforce 4 440MX
Antec 3700 1 exhaust and 1 intake fans
Linux 2.6.x
Linux user 314187
ArchLinux

#2 2005-07-23 05:34:04

Cam
Website

Re: One Year....

I haven't been using Arch for quite that long I don't think, only been a linux user for abour 1 year and a half, maybe two but that'd be pushing it. I'm also teaching myself Python on Arch and you're right, it's great! I've written PKGBUILDs for a lot of Python modules, I've started putting some in AUR, those that are still  maintained etc but if there's any you'd like let me know smile

Board footer