You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-21 06:04:45

bbq

[SOLVED] How to open a html file with the tools in core packages?

I recently want to reinstall my Arch. However, there is a problem I cannot solve.
My school's network needs login to access, which uses a special tool.
They provide a linux tool precompiled under linux 2.6 and 2.8 kernel,but they don't work on the new Arch 3.0 kernel.
However, someone wrote a html page to login the network, it just contain a few simple sentenses.
But in the new arch system, I don't know how to open it to and I cannot connect to the network! sad

I post the html file here:
=====================================================================================================
<form action="http://202.112.136.131/cgi-bin/do_login" method="post" target="_blank">
            <input type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxx" name="username" />
            <input type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxx" name="password" />
            <input type="hidden" value="0" name="drop" />
            <input type="hidden" value="100" name="n" />
            <input type="hidden" value="3" name="type" />
            <input type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxx" name="mac" />
            <input type="submit" value="login" />
        </form>

<form action="http://202.112.136.131/cgi-bin/force_logout" method="post" target="_blank">
            <input type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxx" name="username" />
            <input type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxx" name="password" />
            <input type="hidden" value="0" name="drop" />
            <input type="hidden" value="1" name="n" />
            <input type="hidden" value="3" name="type" />
            <input type="hidden" value="xxxxxxxx" name="mac" />
            <input type="submit" value="logout" />
        </form>
=====================================================================================================

Someone help? Thanks.

Solve Method
I find package "links" in this page https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … nvironment
and I selected it in the arch install process to install it.
"links" helped me to open the html page.

Last edited by bbq (2011-12-22 14:41:01)

Documents speak over the programs.

#2 2011-12-21 06:30:53

/dev/zero

Re: [SOLVED] How to open a html file with the tools in core packages?

bbq wrote:

I recently want to reinstall my Arch. However, there is a problem I cannot solve.
They provide a linux tool precompiled under linux 2.6 and 2.8 kernel,but they don't work on the new Arch 3.0 kernel.
However, someone wrote a html page to login the network, it just contain a few simple sentenses.
But in the new arch system, I don't know how to open it to and I cannot connect to the network! sad

Hi bbq,

Does your school have a policy on what operating systems it accepts? In the past, I've encountered environments more or less hostile to Linux, and have yet managed to make things work. How could I make it work? - because the sysadmins admit they can provide at least nominal support to non-Windows systems.

I have my suspicions that this idea about a precompiled linux tool just for logging onto a network will prove to be full of holes and most amenable to a little judicious use of, shall we say, intelligence (I won't use the word "cracking", we're gentlemen and gentlewomen in this forum, thank you).

Furthermore, the fact that the provided workaround is basically a html file particularly tells me that you'll probably be able to make this work in some way.

If I was you, I would just do whatever I feel like, up to and including telnetting the servers, or just tunnelling around them, and if anyone says, "no, you did something wrong," just pretend to be ignorant and say "hey, I saw it on the internet, I didn't realise I was breaking any rules".

Last edited by /dev/zero (2011-12-21 06:41:49)

#3 2011-12-21 13:34:13

lifeafter2am

Is links included in the core package set? I don't remember.

#binarii @ irc.binarii.net
Matrix Server: https://matrix.binarii.net
-------------
Allan -> ArchBang is not supported because it is stupid.

#4 2011-12-21 14:05:05

bbq

Hi /dev/zero,

Thanks for your advice. Currently my problem is how to login that network as soon as possible.
I don't count on the school's sysadmins because even to the android system they took about 2 months to release the login application.
Now I try to solve the problem by myself.
I think there will be something simple to access http proxy but I don't know.

/dev/zero wrote:
bbq wrote:

Hi bbq,

Does your school have a policy on what operating systems it accepts? In the past, I've encountered environments more or less hostile to Linux, and have yet managed to make things work. How could I make it work? - because the sysadmins admit they can provide at least nominal support to non-Windows systems.

I have my suspicions that this idea about a precompiled linux tool just for logging onto a network will prove to be full of holes and most amenable to a little judicious use of, shall we say, intelligence (I won't use the word "cracking", we're gentlemen and gentlewomen in this forum, thank you).

Furthermore, the fact that the provided workaround is basically a html file particularly tells me that you'll probably be able to make this work in some way.

If I was you, I would just do whatever I feel like, up to and including telnetting the servers, or just tunnelling around them, and if anyone says, "no, you did something wrong," just pretend to be ignorant and say "hey, I saw it on the internet, I didn't realise I was breaking any rules".

#5 2011-12-21 14:06:27

bbq

I have tried links and w3m, none of them are in core package set.

lifeafter2am wrote:

Is links included in the core package set? I don't remember.

#6 2011-12-21 14:20:07

alphaniner

Unless there's a limited subset of core for the installer, links should be available: linky.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#7 2011-12-21 14:38:40

karol
Archivist

You should have elinks on the latest Arch CD https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … nvironment

Last edited by karol (2011-12-21 14:39:26)

#8 2011-12-21 14:41:24

Awebb

Have I just reported a post instead of quoting it? Oops -.-

However, if links fails for some reason, you could try curl, it's in core as well.

#9 2011-12-22 14:11:31

bbq

Thanks karol. Your link is very helpful!
I find package "links" in this page and I selected it in the arch install process to install it.
Now I have connect to our school's network now. Problem solved!
Thanks everyone, I love Arch!

karol wrote:

You should have elinks on the latest Arch CD https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … nvironment

Last edited by bbq (2011-12-22 14:12:26)

Board footer