You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-10 09:23:03

clarence

HOWTO: nikon nef thumbs in gnome 3 nautilus

install gnome-raw-thumbnailer from the aur.

as root create, then edit the file

/usr/share/thumbnailers/nef-thumbnailer.thumbnailer

to contain the following

[Thumbnailer Entry]
Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-raw-thumbnailer -s %s %i %o
MimeType=image/x-nikon-nef;

happy thumbs

fck art, lets dance.

#2 2011-05-11 20:31:59

lemondreas

Re: HOWTO: nikon nef thumbs in gnome 3 nautilus

i came to the same solution, but it's working only if you open the directories in Nautilus.

BTW: It does for a lot of raw files, just modify the MimeTypes. And you should edit the Topic to "RAW thumbs...." instead of nikon ref wink

MimeType=image/x-3fr;image/x-adobe-dng;image/x-arw;image/x-bay;image/x-canon-cr2;image/x-canon-crw;image/x-cap;image/x-cr2;image/x-crw;image/x-dcr;image/x-dcraw;image/x-dcs;image/x-dng;image/x-drf;image/x-eip;image/x-erf;image/x-fff;image/x-fuji-raf;image/x-iiq;image/x-k25;image/x-kdc;image/x-mef;image/x-minolta-mrw;image/x-mos;image/x-mrw;image/x-nef;image/x-nikon-nef;image/x-nrw;image/x-olympus-orf;image/x-orf;image/x-panasonic-raw;image/x-pef;image/x-pentax-pef;image/x-ptx;image/x-pxn;image/x-r3d;image/x-raf;image/x-raw;image/x-rw2;image/x-rwl;image/x-rwz;image/x-sigma-x3f;image/x-sony-arw;image/x-sony-sr2;image/x-sony-srf;image/x-sr2;image/x-srf;image/x-x3f;

Problem: 
Open a picture with the "open file..." Dialog in a program (such as darktable) and there are no thumbs in the directories which you haven't opened with nautilus before.

How can i get a workarround? Any Idea?

Last edited by lemondreas (2011-05-11 20:41:08)

#3 2011-12-23 03:47:55

foxmike

Maybe this should be added to the GNOME wiki...

#4 2013-12-18 11:12:00

snaut

the entry in

/usr/share/thumbnailers/nef-thumbnailer.thumbnailer

has been added to the packagebuild in the aur. no need for manually editing this file.

Board footer