You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-24 06:12:31

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

adesklets-weatherforecast: problem displaying on screen

I am trying to use adesklets-weatherforecast.  When I start adesklets, it doesn't show on the screen.  However, if I right-click where it's supposed to be, the menu appears.  If I move it (without seeing it) from one place to another, it will eventually display.   It looks like if it's somewhat behind my wallpaper.  I have no problem with the SystemMonitor adesklet.  Anyone has experience with adesklets?  As usual,  I can post more info/config.

#2 2005-07-24 07:18:15

elasticdog
Website

Re: adesklets-weatherforecast: problem displaying on screen

I'm running that adesklet and have tried a few others.  Definitely haven't run across any problems like you're describing.  Did you use the AUR version, or install it yourself?  Any changes to the default installation?

I installed adesklets from community, but not the weatherforcast desklet itself.  I throw them all under ~/.desklets as per recommendation on their forums.

#3 2005-07-24 09:15:21

Greycloack

Hi snow,

I have something similar with my "asimpleclock" desklet.
When I start my X the yab displays rather fast but the clock only displays after some 30 seconds or so.

I don't know why it is but it simply takes him some time to appear - doesn't bother me very much.

Have you tried starting your desktop and then wait a bit? without mooving it around and stuff, just wait for it...

#4 2005-07-24 18:01:04

elasticdog
Website

Also, what DE/WM are you using?  I'm on Xfce...

#5 2005-07-24 19:15:38

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

elasticdog wrote:

I'm running that adesklet and have tried a few others.  Definitely haven't run across any problems like you're describing.  Did you use the AUR version, or install it yourself?  Any changes to the default installation?

I'm using the AUR versions. They are installed in /usr/share/adesklets. I have chmod them for my user.

Greycloak: I've waited for 5-10 min but it doesn't show up.  Currently, I start adesklets by hand after my WM is up and running.  I'll try to put adeslets in .xsession to see if it helps.

I am using fvwm-devel 2.5.13-1.  I will try using fvwm stable and other DE/WM.

#6 2005-07-24 20:30:21

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Well, I've put adeslets in my ~/.xsession file and after about 10 seconds the desklets appears big_smile  I don't know why it was behaving like that, but it works now.

Thanks!

#7 2005-07-24 20:58:00

elasticdog
Website

Glad you figured it out!

Board footer