You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-25 10:14:32

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

FBidi Error building fvwm-cvs

I keep getting this error.  I have tried checking out versions from other dates but I still get the error:

if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I..  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/freetype2/config -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include         -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -Wl,-O1 -MT FBidi.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/FBidi.Tpo" -c -o FBidi.o FBidi.c; 
then mv -f ".deps/FBidi.Tpo" ".deps/FBidi.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/FBidi.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
FBidi.c: In function `FBidiIsApplicable':
FBidi.c:38: error: `FRIBIDI_CHARSET_NOT_FOUND' undeclared (first use in this function)
FBidi.c:38: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
FBidi.c:38: error: for each function it appears in.)
FBidi.c: In function `FBidiConvert':
FBidi.c:72: error: `FRIBIDI_CHARSET_NOT_FOUND' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[2]: *** [FBidi.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/temp/fvwm-cvs/src/fvwm-build/libs'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/temp/fvwm-cvs/src/fvwm-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

#2 2005-07-25 16:07:00

SleepyDog

Re: FBidi Error building fvwm-cvs

I'm almost certain this is an upstream issue. FBidi was updated, and the fvwm devs have not caught up yet. I was able to build this package about a month ago. Luckily, I do not need bi-directional text support and it builds fine when you disable it in the PKGBUILD.

#3 2005-07-25 16:53:56

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

try:
  sed -i 's:FRIBIDI_CHARSET_NOT_FOUND:FRIBIDI_CHAR_SET_NOT_FOUND:' libs/FBidi.c

it's from official fvwm-devel PKGBUILD

#4 2005-07-25 17:00:31

neri
Forum Fellow

Snowman wrote:

try:
  sed -i 's:FRIBIDI_CHARSET_NOT_FOUND:FRIBIDI_CHAR_SET_NOT_FOUND:' libs/FBidi.c

it's from official fvwm-devel PKGBUILD

Yeah folks, just note that i glanced this sneaking through fribidi sources. I have no clue, if this is indeed a friggin' typo or if the API of
fribidi has changed. Neither that it would be possible to feed the stuff to fvwm's bugtracker, nor that the changelogs are showing some reasonable informations about that.
At least, It builds ... this way. If some rtl-user could check it, you would really help me.

-neri

#5 2005-07-25 17:24:52

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

LOL - nice one snowman - i was going to look at the dev PKGBUILD for just that but got distracted and when i came back i saw that there were no patches applied so guess that was what I had been looking for and forgot about it!

#6 2005-07-26 03:58:20

archdaemon

Why is fribidi the default, anyway? Had to monkey with the PKGBUILD just to avoid that, even aside from bugs. Kinda like shipping an X server with the mouse buttons swapped by default or something. No doubt some need it, but...

#7 2005-07-26 08:58:03

neri
Forum Fellow

archdaemon wrote:

Why is fribidi the default, anyway? Had to monkey with the PKGBUILD just to avoid that, even aside from bugs. Kinda like shipping an X server with the mouse buttons swapped by default or something. No doubt some need it, but...

Fribidi, is needed by all the people who don't read from left to right or from up to down.
Read, many Asian languages, Ararbic and some others will need fribidi, to display the words/signs correctly. And to support this should be the default.

-neri

Board footer