You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-03 14:13:55

jigsawman

State of usb2 audio class compliance?

this isn't exactly archlinux specific but does anybody know the state of linux usb2 audio class compliance? I've understood that there was no audio specification for usb2 for quite some time and that made a big mess in the audio community. There is now but I wonder if it's properly implemented in linux/alsa? anybody has any experience? I have a class compliant usb2 soundcard myself, it also works in usb 1.1 luckily but you don't get all the bells and whistles with that..

Here's dmesg when I plug it in, last row is when I try to use it;

[ 2384.749399] usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 2
[ 2390.729825] usb 1-2: new high speed USB device number 3 using ehci_hcd
[ 2390.863654] generic-usb 0003:0926:0202.0003: hiddev0,hidraw0: USB HID v1.01 Device [Sound Devices USBPre2] on usb-0000:00:02.1-2/input3
[ 2418.388135] cannot submit syncpipe for urb 0, error -90: internal error 

So it seems to be recognized properly....

#2 2012-01-04 03:02:38

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: State of usb2 audio class compliance?

Not sure this is the best place, honestly. Check out alsa's ML or even Linux-Audio-Users. Last I heard support was spotty enough to be considered non-existant (when I purchased my audio interface last year).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-01-04 21:21:20

jigsawman

I know, I posted in alsa-users list allready, got someone asking for lsusb -v and the post died.. I could try again in  alsa-devel.. someone else had a similar issue with the same error about a year ago..

#4 2012-01-05 02:27:48

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

jigsawman wrote:

I know, I posted in alsa-users list allready, got someone asking for lsusb -v and the post died.. I could try again in  alsa-devel.. someone else had a similar issue with the same error about a year ago..

From memory, isn't alsa-devel only for development-related discussion (not bug reports)? You could just bump the thread in alsa-users, its very high traffic last I checked.

Try Linux-Audio-Users as well.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2012-01-05 11:36:53

jigsawman

ngoonee wrote:
jigsawman wrote:

From memory, isn't alsa-devel only for development-related discussion (not bug reports)? You could just bump the thread in alsa-users, its very high traffic last I checked.

Try Linux-Audio-Users as well.

I guess, but isn't this in a sence development related? A year old thread I read about a similar issue with the same error was in alsa-devel...

http://www.mentby.com/Group/alsa-list/u … error.html

Board footer