You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-06 09:42:35

Orodruin

[Solved] pSX Segmentation Fault - [Partially Solved] pSX problems

Alright, I think that I've solved the segmentation fault thing that was happening in pSX whenever I ran it (I use Arch x86_64).  I'm not sure what was wrong, but after installing lib32-intel-dri-7.11.2-2 via pacman pSX appeared to work fine.  The only other problems I've encountered so far is that (1) installing one of the alsa plugin things (not sure which one since I was installing more than one at the time) seems to make it crash and stay crashed as long as the plugins are installed, (2) another problem was that when I try to load a savestate while running a loaded savestate of Final Fantasy 7 in pSX (I say FF7 because that's the only game I've tried playing so far) causes pSX to crash with a segmentation error, (3) and the last problem, which does happen to be the least important/crippling is that while pSX is running I keep getting a message displayed to xterm saying: "sound: underrun".  That's pretty much it.  So if any of you have been having trouble getting pSX to run on an x86_64 install of Arch/have been getting segmentation fault errors when you try to run pSX on Arch x86_64 just install lib32-intel-dri or the applicable alternative and it should hopefully work.

Last edited by Orodruin (2012-01-06 09:44:00)

Board footer