You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-09 05:55:08

thepriseinferno

[SOLVED] uvcvideo problems during install

Hey all,

First post here. Love Arch! big_smile

I apologize if this problem has been posted before, but I quickly searched the forums and couldn't find it.

While trying to install Arch on an Acer Aspire One AO571h, it appears that the uvcvideo module is repeatedly trying to load and failing, and spams the screen every three seconds or so trying to re-load the module.

Text (copied as best as I could:)

[time] uvcvideo: Failed to set the UVC probe control: -71 (exp 26).
[time] uvcvideo: Failed to query (129) UVC probe control: -71 (exp 26).

[time] uvcvideo: Failed to initialize the device (-5).

It repeats this over and over again (pushing the rest of the text upward, including the TUI used to select parameters) and makes installation rather difficult for someone who doesn't know how to install Arch blindfolded (I fall into that category). Running "modprobe -r uvcvideo" and/or "rmmod uvcvideo" does nothing. Is there any way that I can disable this module on startup of the live CD (a kernel option, or a series of commands), or remove it from the kernel entirely of a liveCD?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by thepriseinferno (2012-01-11 13:41:07)

#2 2012-01-11 13:42:52

thepriseinferno

Re: [SOLVED] uvcvideo problems during install

Got it.

It's kind of messy, but running

while(true); do modprobe -r uvcvideo; done;

got me to be able to install Arch, doing it again on next boot stopped it, and adding it to the blacklist made it so that it doesn't start up again. Just in case anyone stumbles across this in the future.

Board footer