You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-13 09:07:48

danan

Cannot open ConsoleKit session

Hi,

recently I asked already on installing on RAID, now I finally managed to install (without preset Raid but LVM), and I thought the trouble is more or less over, but I thought wrong. I face a bunch of major problems after I installed base,xserver and kdebase; maybe they are related, but I'm not sure. (If not, I can open separate topics)

When I log into KDE I get

Warning: Cannot open ConsoleKit session: Unable to open session: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

What does it mean? Am I missing a package?

By installing the vaio power daemon I avoid a power management error, but I still have no battery reading, can't suspend-to-RAM or -HD. What can I check for?

And last but not least: Automounting doesn't work at all. fdisk shows my disk and I can manually mount it, but I prefer the automount way. This seems to be a problem from the begining. While I boot, external devices get displayed with

[sdc] No Caching mode page present
[sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through

I guess this could be connected to the automount, maybe even the systembus. My laptop at home (completely different brand) has more or less the same setup with encryption and external key file, and it finds the flash drive without a problem. udisk is installed, and I can't recall that I ever had to do more to setup a system.

In Ubuntu live CD all this seems to work without a problem (even RAID worked), and even if I get alot of advantages, I would still like to go with arch for variouse reasons. Alone the AUR is worth it!

Btw, the particular laptop is a Sony Vaio Z2. You find a bunch of 'How to install [insert Linux distro] on Z2' on the internet, but even the Arch-HowTo-Version doesn't state any of my problems.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks!
/André

#2 2012-01-13 10:00:28

wonder
Developer
Website

Re: Cannot open ConsoleKit session

you did not start dbus daemon

rc.d start dbus

NOTE: don't forget to add it in daemons array from rc.conf

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#3 2012-01-13 10:57:40

danan

Re: Cannot open ConsoleKit session

Hi,

stupid me. Of course dbus wasn't running. This simple thing fixed nearly everything. Even if Suspend now works and waking up not, but this is a minor problem where I should find a solution somewhere else (otherwise I can repost).

But it still doesn't recognise USB devices at boot, even that I set the usb and usbinputs hook. The error

[sdc] No Caching mode page present
[sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through

still appears!

/André

Board footer