You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-19 02:36:41

helmuthdu

Package Request: Quick ‘n Easy Web Builder

New program but kind usefull

Quick ‘n Easy Web Builder

Quick 'n Easy Web Builder is a WYSIWYG program that can be used to create complete web sites. What- You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) means that all elements of the page will be displayed on the exact same position (fixed layout) as in the designer unlike fluid (dynamic) layouts (generated by traditional HTML editors) where the position of objects depends on the position and size of the objects surrounding it. Quick 'n Easy Web Builder generates HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) or XHTML tags while you point and click on desired functions; you can create a web page without learning HTML. Just drag and drop objects to the page position them 'anywhere' you want and when you're finished publish it to your web server (using the build in Publish tool). Quick ‘n Easy Web Builder gives you full control over the content and layout of your web pages. A project file can hold multiple web pages, so you can easily manage all your pages from within one file.

http://www.quickandeasywebbuilder.com/

#2 2012-01-19 10:16:27

karol
Archivist

Re: Package Request: Quick ‘n Easy Web Builder

Where is the source?

#3 2012-01-19 12:41:21

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

This is not an open source project.

The forum linked from the above link has discussion centered around how to pay for the software, and how to activate the license, etc.

The binary in the zip file must be 'demoware' at best - and I can't get it to run at all.

Helmuthdu, you may want to check out Kompozer in the AUR for a similar but mature project.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2012-01-19 12:46:32

karol
Archivist

I wanted to see the forum to make sure before I posted but it wouldn't load ...

+1 for Kompozer although I prefer lighter apps.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13667

#5 2012-01-19 12:59:13

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I prefer lighter too, but somehow I don't think a link to a vim tutorial with information about html syntax highlighting would fit the bill. ;p

And just in case, when I say Kompozer is a mature project I don't mean to imply that charging for software is immature (though I might think it), only that the Quick'n'Easy program is still Beta.  Kompozer may be a bit bulky for my tastes, but I suspect that is not specific to Kompozer, but to that 'class' of application (ie 'full featured', user-friendly, WYSIWYG html creator).

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#6 2012-01-19 13:06:03

karol
Archivist

Trilby wrote:

I prefer lighter too, but somehow I don't think a link to a vim tutorial with information about html syntax highlighting would fit the bill. ;p

I hear you :-)
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 59#p570559

Zeist wrote:

Of course there is a Linux alternative to Dreamweaver... it's called Vim.

Last edited by karol (2012-01-19 13:06:15)

#7 2012-01-19 14:31:22

Awebb

I find it curious, that a site trying to sell a web development tool looks like a 16 year old girl made it in 5 minutes using frontpage.

Board footer