You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-04 19:53:18

Eschatokyrios

No right click with evantech touchpad

I have a Samsung QX410 with a ETPS/2 Elantech ETF1059 Click-Pad touchpad (as reported in Xorg.0.log). I'm getting this to work using the psmouse-evantech driver in the AUR, which allows me to use the standard synaptics tools to configure the touchpad. For the most part, this works. However, the touchpad has two major issues that I can't seem to find a way around.

This touchpad has the two mouse buttons built into the actual surface of the touchpad, apparently like how macbooks are now.  So, the touchable surface of the touchpad extends over the buttons, which makes it impossible to click on the left mouse button and drag to select text with another finger - the touchpad thinks it is a two-finger scroll touch and doesn't do anything. I tried moving the AreaBottomEdge property in synaptics so as not to include the bottom area with the buttons, but that didn't solve it. This makes it effectively impossible for me to turn off tap to click (which I hate), and still be able to use the trackpad.

Second thing is that I can't get a right-click at all from the trackpad. Clicking on the right mouse button area of the trackpad seems to send a left click mouse event. Right now I'm emuating right-clicks with two-finger tap, whcih is also very annoying. I can't find a synaptics setting to make physical right-clicks work.

#2 2012-01-15 18:21:36

sleekslush

Re: No right click with evantech touchpad

Hey there, I think this is an issue across multiple distros and not specific to Arch. I migrated over to Arch in the past month or so from Ubuntu. I experienced the exact same right-click issue that you did. Here's a related bug in Ubuntu that others mention similar issues https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/681904

#3 2012-01-17 00:23:58

pvjlieuthier

I just got mine working after I installed aur/xf86-input-synaptics-clickpad. Good luck!

#4 2012-01-20 18:58:35

sleekslush

Actually, as soon as the new kernel came in , 3.2.1, my touchpad is now recognized and everything works really well!

Board footer