You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-21 04:21:55

thehodapp

Signing AUR packages fails

So I've managed to set up pacman with package signing after the latest upgrade (spending a lot more effort than I think should be necessary).

I'm now able to update all my packages from the main repositories like I used to. However, I still need to manually compile some of my programs from AUR package builds. I figured since I've already set up my private key with:

pacman-key --init

I should be able to run makepkg with the --sign flag just fine, but I get an error after it creates the package and tries to sign:

==> Signing package...
==> WARNING: Failed to sign package file.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but for all my searching I can't figure out what to do. Thanks for help in advance.

Oh and the reason I'm doing this is because pacman won't let me install the package unless it's signed.

#2 2012-01-21 07:25:10

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Signing AUR packages fails

The key setup with pacman-key --init is just for managing your pacman keyring.  To sign AUR packages you will need to setup a key with gnupg.

What is your default SigLevel that "pacman -U <file>" does not work?

#3 2012-01-21 08:23:46

thehodapp

I think I had the SigLevel at TrustedOnly but now I'm using "Optional TrustAll" which fixes my problem (in a more indirect way).

Is there some resource I could refer to so that I could sign my own packages? Or is it really not worth it?

#4 2012-01-21 10:12:37

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

thehodapp wrote:

I think I had the SigLevel at TrustedOnly but now I'm using "Optional TrustAll" which fixes my problem (in a more indirect way).

Is there some resource I could refer to so that I could sign my own packages? Or is it really not worth it?

Is someone likely to be able to access your built packages and modify/replace them in between your building them and your installing (or reinstalling) them?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2012-01-21 17:48:02

thehodapp

ngoonee wrote:

Is someone likely to be able to access your built packages and modify/replace them in between your building them and your installing (or reinstalling) them?

Highly unlikely.

Board footer