You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-22 22:26:17

niklase

Installing bootloader fails. Archiso on HP Elitebook 8440p.

Hi.

I have searched the wiki and forum for similar problems but not found any solution. When using archiso, also net version, the installation fails on the step where the bootloader is to be installed.

Setup is 250 GB HDD as sda with sda1 win7 system and sda2 win7 main. Every thing else in the installer works flawless except the bootloader step.

I have successfully installed bootloaders from Linux Mint and Ubuntu both before and after trying archiso. I have tested official archiso 2011.08.19 and also more recent archiso from ftp in December. I have opted for both grub and syslinux with no success (I think grub gave error 16). All these different combinations makes me think that there is some check or incompatibility in the archiso with my hardware.

Any input on this? I can give more info if needed, though currently running Linux Mint Debian Edition.

Ps. If someone can point me towards a wiki or forum thread regarding installation on AMD Llano (A8-3870K) I'd be glad. Or if I could start one my self?

Regards
/Niklas

Board footer