You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-25 15:01:22

myrlin

Claws-Mail - Importing Thunderbird Address Book

I am trying to import my Thunderbird address book into claws-mail, using the csv2addressbook.pl script provided by claws mail. However, the script fails with the error message:

ERROR:
	Invalid field count!
	Problem with your exported CSV file

The problem seems to be caused by the fields listed in the csv file

First Name,Last Name,Display Name,Nickname,Primary Email,Secondary Email,Screen Name,Work Phone,Home Phone,Fax Number,Pager Number,Mobile Number,Home Address,Home Address 2,Home City,Home County,Home Post Code,Home Country,Work Address,Work Address 2,Work City,Work County,Work Post Code,Work Country,Job Title,Department,Organisation,Web Page 1,Web Page 2,Birth Year,Birth Month,Birth Day,Custom 1,Custom 2,Custom 3,Custom 4,Notes,

being different from those in the script

'First Name','Last Name','Display Name','Nickname','Primary Email','Secondary Email','Work Phone','Home Phone','Fax Number','Pager Number','Mobile Number','Home Address','Home Address 2','Home City','Home State','Home ZipCode','Home Country','Work Address','Work Address 2','Work City','Work State','Work ZipCode','Work Country','Job Title','Department','Organization','Web Page 1','Web Page 2','Birth Year','Birth Month','Birth Day','Custom 1','Custom 2','Custom 3','Custom 4','Notes','junk'

I have tried changing them in both files so that they match, but I still get the same problem. I'm afraid that is the limit of my programming knowledge, so I would very much appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by myrlin (2012-01-25 15:02:51)

Board footer