You are not logged in.

#1 2012-01-26 21:43:42

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

very lightweight replacement for oblogout

I was just doing some housecleaning and realized that several packages, some which were always running in the background (consolekit) were only needed on my system for oblogout.

I like oblogout, but when I realized how much I could get rid of without it, out it went.

Then I thought about making a replacement and I found a very simple way to do it, though it has one dependency: tint2-svn from the AUR.  As I already use tint2-svn, this was great for me.  I'm curious whether others would have enough interest to justify a PKGBUILD for this tiny hack.

Basically it is a two line script (mylogout):

#!/bin/bash
tint2 -c ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc.off >/dev/null 2>&1 &
echo "$!" > ~/.mylogout.pid

And an extra tint2 rc (tint2rc.off)

rounded = 12 
border_width = 1
background_color = #ffffff 20
border_color = #000000 20

panel_monitor = 1
panel_position = center center horizontal
panel_size = 652 140
panel_margin = 0 0
panel_padding = 0 0 0
panel_dock = 0
wm_menu = 0
panel_layer = top
panel_background_id = 1
panel_items = L

launcher_padding = 0 0 0
launcher_background_id = 0
launcher_icon_size = 128
launcher_item_app = /usr/share/applications/logout_cancel.desktop
launcher_item_app = /usr/share/applications/logout_logout.desktop
launcher_item_app = /usr/share/applications/logout_reboot.desktop
launcher_item_app = /usr/share/applications/logout_shutdown.desktop
launcher_item_app = /usr/share/applications/logout_lock.desktop

With the appropriate .desktop files with exec lines like "exec = kill $(cat ~/.mylogout.pid) && reboot" or "exec = kill $(cat ~/.mylogout.pid) && shutdown -h now"

If there is an interest I do need to be sure of one thing before I post the rest - for my system I just hijacked oblogout's icons.  While the source code is open, I'd need to double check on permission to reuse the images.

If there is only limited interest, the above info should make it simple enough to replicate this on your system without any need for a PKGBUILD, just write the .desktop files, and get some icons you'd like.

Last edited by Trilby (2012-01-26 22:10:35)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer