You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-02 14:08:09

Corubba

wlan button shouldn't kill wlan

Hey guys,

im running Arch on my Lenovo X220i. And i was just about to reconfigure my Fn+X keys, and came across a little problem. There is an hardware switch for the wlan (also switch bluetooth), and a software key Fn+F5. Since i use bluetooth nearly never, i want to switch the bluetooth only with the software key. When pressing this key, there is an acpi event "button/wlan WLAN" that i handle within the `/etc/acpi/handler.sh` script und using `rfkill` i block or unblock the device and start/stop the bluetooth daemon. And this workes fine. But every time i press the key, it also disables my wlan. Only after pressing the key a second time, i can access my wlan again. I checked all acpi scripts i could find, but i couldnt find anything that cause this behaviour.
Besides that, the hw switch dont trigger any acpi event, but it should according to the ThinkWiki (last entry of the table).

The setup i want, is to switch wlan and bluetooth with the hw switch, and bluetooth only with the software one keeping the wlan enabled. Anyone around got an idea how to prevent the shutdown of wlan when pressing the software key?

Greetz Corubba

Last edited by Corubba (2012-02-02 14:21:52)

#2 2012-02-02 14:35:30

David Batson

Re: wlan button shouldn't kill wlan

I mapped Fn+F9 to toggle the bluetooth on and off in Fedora.  For Arch I just have the bluetooth disabled on boot up.  Below is how I mapped Fn+F9 in Fedora 16 Gnome to toggle bluetooth on and off.

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost. … ostcount=4

Board footer