You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-06 18:11:42

_feda_

could not open /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db

When I try commands like pacman -Ss gnome i get errors like this:

could not open /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db

I've commented out the servers in mirrorlist.

#2 2012-02-06 18:16:24

nomorewindows

Re: could not open /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db

I typically get errors like this if I'm mounting a new install but not using AIF to do the actual install (i.e. diskless or different root installation). 
Need to pacman -Sy to update the databases (while leaving a mirror--you'll need it).  Typically you can hand make the directories needed, but with a diskless or different root installation, it can be avoided by just using your existing cachedir.

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#3 2012-02-06 18:44:30

_feda_

I used AIF for the install. I tried pacman -Sy before and it's giving me this message:

usr/bin/curl: no such file or directory

I would install curl at this stage if I could. Any suggestions?

#4 2012-02-06 18:56:48

nomorewindows

If you were using AIF how'd you get the installation messed up?  Did a couple of packages here and there not get installed with a message that they didn't get installed (happens when new packages are still being uploaded)?  Looks like at this point you may have to use the arch live cd to mount your partitions and then use pacman and point it at your new installation and get it to install curl (and whatever else you're missing).

Last edited by nomorewindows (2012-02-06 18:58:14)

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#5 2012-02-06 18:58:58

_feda_

I'm on a virtual machine so it's easy enough to install again. I'm installing right now and going to make sure curl is installed. I don't know how I'm messing up the installation with AIF but it keeps happening. I'm just following the wizard without any weird options sad

#6 2012-02-06 19:04:05

nomorewindows

I just upgraded curl last week, it might be the mirror you're using.

Look ma, no mouse.

Board footer