You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-07 12:48:23

maw09

Screen brightness resets after turning off for power save

I have an ASUS U36JC laptop running Arch. I am running laptop-mode-tools, with the default configuration.

I can adjust the screen brightness with the keyboard buttons or by echoing into /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness .
However, when the screen turns off to save power, the brightness resets to maximum when it is turned back on.
This happens in both AC and battery mode.

How can I make it so that the screen brightness is restored to the same level when the screen turns off and on?

Thanks,

#2 2012-02-08 16:58:54

punkeroso

Re: Screen brightness resets after turning off for power save

maw09 wrote:

I have an ASUS U36JC laptop running Arch. I am running laptop-mode-tools, with the default configuration.

I can adjust the screen brightness with the keyboard buttons or by echoing into /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness .
However, when the screen turns off to save power, the brightness resets to maximum when it is turned back on.
This happens in both AC and battery mode.

How can I make it so that the screen brightness is restored to the same level when the screen turns off and on?

Thanks,

I wrote a simple daemon to manage the screen brightness when on AC or batt. Give it a try -> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54009

Board footer