You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-08 06:50:41

l2ulinux

Help with USB Flash Drive

I am new to Arch and need some help with a usb flash drive. I have program the base system setup three times and I have got the same error message each time. Everything boots ok until it gets to mount the root device and that is when the error comes up. And yes I have done my homework and found that I need to change a file but I do not know which one and not sure how to.

I have learn more about Linux today than using it at work for over 5 years. Arch users have my highest respect for now I know why they love it so much. The reason I am working with the usb flash drive is I can not setup a hard drive right now for a couple of weeks and want to learn as much as possible before then.

#2 2012-02-08 08:14:31

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Help with USB Flash Drive

"... the same error message... ... the error comes up..."

WHAT ERROR MESSAGE?

#3 2012-02-08 11:44:47

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Also, what homework led you to the conclusion that you needed to change a file.  If you tell us where you learned this, we may be able to help with the process.  If you want us to guess .... My guess would be that you should open /boot/vmlinuz-linux in a text editor and delete all the "7"'s.

(Kidding, hopefully obviously, don't do that).

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2012-02-08 19:16:01

l2ulinux

I will write down everything tonight when I get to work it some more. The homework I did was use the search program and ask for help with installing to usb flash drives. I will go back and list the posts about the problems.

Board footer