You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-10 22:58:07

HalfEmptyHero

[solved] Changing BIOS Settings

I have a Toshiba Protege Z835 that does not have any way to change BIOS settings except from within windows with a program called HWSetup that Toshiba provides. This is less than ideal, as I want to install arch on it and remove windows completely. Is there anything for linux that can do the same, or am I going to have to keep a windows partition just in case I ever need to change the BIOS settings?

Last edited by HalfEmptyHero (2012-02-10 23:38:05)

#2 2012-02-10 23:29:38

/dev/zero

Re: [solved] Changing BIOS Settings

Please provide a reference for your assertion that there is no way to change the BIOS except through Windows. When I stfw for your machine, I see this, which seems to imply the BIOS is readily available just as on any other computer.

#3 2012-02-10 23:37:39

HalfEmptyHero

Re: [solved] Changing BIOS Settings

Well balls, just as I was about to show the reference I reread it and realized I was just being stupid and misread the instructions. They removed the part at the bottom of the screen where it says "Press F2 for Setup" and the thing I was reading said "In some models HWSetup is the only way to change BIOS settings. If you don't see a prompt for F2, this is the case." Although I could have sworn I tried pressing F2 the first time. Please disregard this thread, thanks /dev/zero for making me reread the instructions. I apologize for my stupidity.

Board footer