You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-31 19:56:01

sullivanva

Tripwire

I truly can't understand why tripwire isn't more popular here.  That's why I'm trying to drum up some support for it.  Last time I looked in the AUR it had 2 votes!  So, I'm going to try to address some of the issues that I see.

#1 - Why use tripwire when we have aide, afick, integrit, etc ..?  Because you can encrypt the database, the policy file and the configuration file.  I use aide for tracking changes when creating pacakages.

#2 - It's too complicated.  I'll put together a howto and put in on the Wiki if that will help.

#3 - It doesn't work.  When I installed it, it didn't work for me.  The twadmin command seems to hang.  I have built another one which I can put out in the AUR if you like.

--HAPS

#2 2005-08-04 15:17:32

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Tripwire

w00t! another tripwire user!
smile

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-08-04 15:23:34

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: Tripwire

I don't even know what tripwire is... guess i should google it, huh?

Hmmm not an easy thing to google, but it appears it's a system security checker - what I saw from a report is it lists new and changed files since a last report... is this correct?

If so, I don't think it's that popular because alot of arch users don't have their systems publicly visible - there's maybe 5% of us running arch as a server...

Board footer