You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-08 19:28:59

Archdove

Dropbox - No Icons or Dropbox-Functionality in Nautilus

Hi Guys

I Installed dropbox and nautilus-dropbox from AUR and i face some issues i didn't face before i reinstalled the system.
I tried to start dropbox out of gome-session-properties and and with the "start dropbox on system start" option from dropbox itself.

The Issue is, that nautilus does not show any signs of dropox what so ever. I can open nautilus by double clicking the tray icon.

When i quit dropbox and then start it manually, the icon stuff works. But after a restart, its the same again.
This is by no means a big issue its just that i'm too lazy to always manually start dropbox and thus missing important file updates.
AND on my previous installation ... it worked out of the box ...

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Archdove

#2 2012-02-18 00:55:25

ypoluektovich

Re: Dropbox - No Icons or Dropbox-Functionality in Nautilus

I have this issue too. (Although I use dropbox-daemon and have it in my DAEMONS array.) My theory was that the icon and integration are loaded too soon and can't find something essential for them (like the panel?), so they are switched off. That's only a theory though, nothing concrete.

#3 2012-02-18 02:10:02

josephg

Re: Dropbox - No Icons or Dropbox-Functionality in Nautilus

I have only 'dropbox' and 'nautilus-dropbox' installed. I set the command '/opt/dropbox/dropboxd' in 'gnome-session-properties' and it automatically starts dropbox in every session login, with its icon in the taskbar (right next to caffeine, libreoffice, pidgin, etc.). No problem at all.

Board footer