You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-14 06:08:06

veneratio

Invisible Icons

So this is going to sound lame: I have had Gnome 3 installed for quite some time but haven't been using it at all for a few months.  In an effort to check it out again, I logged in today.  First thing I notice is that some of the panel icons are invisible (i.e. completely blacked out but still there).  Stranger is that certain applications are displaying a blank looking error page thing as their icons.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the theme packages with no luck.  I used lxappearance for a bit and I think this screwed things up in Gnome.  Any ideas of where to start debugging this?  Most of my googles aren't returning anything like this issue.

Thanks for your time.

#2 2012-02-14 07:46:23

DSpider

Re: Invisible Icons

Edit your "~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini" file:

[Settings]
gtk-theme-name = Victory
gtk-icon-theme-name = Faenza

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2012-02-18 11:06:23

adsva

I have the same issue. All the panel icons except the battery indicator are blank, but otherwise working normally.

#4 2012-02-18 11:26:47

adsva

Ok, they're back! I reinstalled libpng and librsvg and restarted gnome-shell. I should have tried the packages one at a time, because now I don't know which one did the trick..

Board footer