You are not logged in.

#26 2005-08-05 23:32:11

neri
Forum Fellow

Re: 19" LCD - recommendations?

phrakture, I like to second dp's thought. THese fast as hell LCD's usually have big trouble with the colours. My old 17" LCD can display the slight background red that scite shows for php part embedded in html pages. I can guess fro that how "accurate" the fotos are displayed ...

One of the best buys as a compromise between fast enough for movie and
casual gaming but still shows excellent colours is the Viewsonic 191 series.
Not really cheap though hmm

-neri

#27 2005-08-09 13:44:16

FUBAR
Website

I've had my Dell 2005FPW for a month now and I loooooove it. I'm playing GTA SA on it and it's great. No ghosting or anything. Watching movies is also great, now I actually have more movie than black screen to watch.

So far the only downside is that in certain areas the image is a bit unsharp. Maybe it's got something to do with me using the DSUB connection, my VGA doesn't have DVI.

I should check if I have the same unsharpness in Windows too. Another strange thing I noticed is the distorted image I get when I click "Start -> Shutdown" in Windows: instead of a grayish background I get a distorted background. The dialogs are still fine tho. Again, I hope this has something to do with my DSUB, esp since I don't have the latter problem with Windows in VMware.

I paid 550€ (including shipping costs and 3 years warranty) for this thing, and I think it was a great deal! It's even got some cool sounding features like picture-in-picture and picture-beside-picture I have yet to test (no DVI/S-video/composite output available).

Oh, and the auto-adjust feature is amazing! Sometime when I exit a game and the resolution change, the image doesn't quite fill the entire screen. One push on the - or + button and it's adjusted perfectly in one second!

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#28 2005-08-09 17:47:17

aCoder
Website

One of the best buys as a compromise between fast enough for movie and
casual gaming but still shows excellent colours is the Viewsonic 191 series.
Not really cheap though hmm

I've always liked Viewsonic's monitors as far as color is concerned.  I'm also shopping around for an LCD, and the VX924 is a favorite thus far.  (Only $379.99 @ newegg)

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

Board footer