You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-07 19:13:34

bwat47

KDE apps don't think I have an internet connection

I am running into a strange problem with KDE. I initially made a thread about how after some updates kopete's initial status wasn't working, when I started it it would set its status to "offline" no matter what. I ended up guessing it was some sort of problem with kopete.

But today I've been trying to use kget, and it absolutely refuses to download anything. As soon as I start it it says "no internet connection, stopping transfers". I think both these apps rely on networkmanager to get their connection status.

I am definitely connected to my wireless via networkmanager... Is there anything I am missing here, why do these apps think I'm offline? I have networkmanager, and the networkmanager plasma applet. Its a WPA2 network set to connect automatically. I also tried setting it as the "system connection" in the preferences but it didn't change anything.

#2 2012-02-07 19:46:38

bwat47

Re: KDE apps don't think I have an internet connection

Well, managed to fix it by trying random shit from the networkmanager wiki page. Just making it the system connection didn't help, but doing this in additon to it made everything work:

With polkit:

Place the following in /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/10-org-freedesktop-network-manager-settings.pkla

[Allow user YOURUSERNAME to create wireless connections for all users]
Identity=unix-user:YOURUSERNAME
Action=org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.settings.modify.system
ResultAny=no
ResultInactive=no
ResultActive=yes

#3 2012-02-22 19:00:42

Sheldor42

Re: KDE apps don't think I have an internet connection

I had the same problem, your solution works for me, thank you very much.

Board footer