You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-25 21:45:54

vwyodajl

FlightGear users - suggestions for wiki

For the users of FlightGear on Arch, I am going to be starting a wiki page for it by the end of next week and was wondering if there are any specific things people would like to see on the wiki, outside of the normal installing and setting up? Are there others using FG as a flightsim for drone test flights, or other similar uses. Do most use a standard joystick or do you use a RC controller? What would you like to see on the wiki?

My thoughts:
1. Installation and configuration
2. adding a RC controller - I only have access to Futaba and Spkectrum-programmable
3. basic addition of flightsim for drones - though this is very dependent on the flight control system you choose, may not be worth a wiki entry, not sure. -- I have access to legacy ArduPilot and UDB4, which are to open source autopilots, my main board is not OS and a personal project.
4. adding planes and other additional features
5. What do you want

Thanks for reading this and I hope to make a useful wiki for all. smile

Last edited by vwyodajl (2012-02-25 22:04:31)

#2 2012-02-25 22:29:03

Earnestly

Re: FlightGear users - suggestions for wiki

Yup, I don't exactly know what to say, but they all sound like a good start to me.
Obviously for the broader topics you can always link in Flightgear's wiki combined with tips from your experience on how to get the most out of the software.

Information tailored to Arch Linux as a platform about setting up a testbed for drones using Flightgear would be extremely interesting and probably quite helpful. Once I get myself properly setup I'll indeed add to the wiki entry as I learn as well.

PS: This is offtopic, but I was looking for a straight "yes/no" answer on "Is it possible to have (photo)realistic cockpits in Flightgear provided someone was willing to draw up the high res textures?" (Essentially, is this possible?)

Last edited by Earnestly (2012-02-25 22:31:41)

#3 2012-02-26 01:08:44

vwyodajl

While I have no experience making one I did find this of someone making a new JSBSim with a photorealistic cockpit
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewto … =4&t=15472   Though its not high res but a good start.

So I would say "yes" wink I have a friend who messes with that stuff on FG and I will ask for some tips or links I can pass along to you. I will edit this post once I get answer's from him.

#4 2012-03-22 21:00:23

dabbi2000
Website

Installation guide very much appreciated, I've just installed with Pacman, everything went fine but there's not a trace of it anywhere... either terminal or Openbox Applications/Games menu!

Last edited by dabbi2000 (2012-03-22 21:00:40)

Board footer