You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-27 15:42:56

grindcore

[SOLVED] Trying to compile Cafu engine - Unable to find dependencies

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Arch and currently I'm trying to compile Cafu (an open source game and graphics engine). On my notebook (running Xubuntu) I was able to compile it successfully but here in Arch the build fails after a while. I guess this is due to a dependency I am missing. Of course I have read the Cafu documentation first and it states that the following packages are needed:

Cafu documentation wrote:
  • A graphics driver with 3D hardware acceleration (the right driver is usually auto-detected and installed by the “Driver Manager”).

• build-essential – The compiler and basic tools required to compile C and C++ programs.

• libgtk2.0-dev – Developer files for GTK 2.0, needed for building wxGTK.

• libgl1-mesa-dev and libglu1-mesa-dev – OpenGL developer files, needed for building wxGTK and the Cafu rendering subsystem. On Debian Sarge (3.1), the packages xlibmesa-gl-dev and xlibmesa-glu-dev used to serve the same purpose, but on newer systems, they have been replaced by the libgl(u)1-mesa-dev packages.

• libasound2-dev – ALSA developer files, needed for building OpenAL-Soft.

The problem ist, that these packages refer to Ubuntu packages. I was trying to find the equivalent Arch packages, but for the three last list points I was unable to find such a package. So I simply gave it a try, but the build fails as mentioned before. I know, this is not a Cafu forum and this console output will most likely not be very helpful, but I'll post it anyway:

[...]
scons: building associated VariantDir targets: build/linux2/g++/debug build/linux2/g++/release
g++ -o Libs/build/linux2/g++/release/Models/Loader_lwo.o -c -O3 -funsigned-char -Wall -Werror -Wno-char-subscripts -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -DSCONS_BUILD_DIR=build/linux2/g++/release -ILibs -IExtLibs -IExtLibs/lua/src -IExtLibs/lwo -IExtLibs/jpeg Libs/Models/Loader_lwo.cpp
Libs/Models/Loader_lwo.cpp:208:18: error: 'Vector3fT myNormalize(const Vector3fT&)' defined but not used [-Werror=unused-function]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

scons: *** [Libs/build/linux2/g++/release/Models/Loader_lwo.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

If I search for example for libgtk, all I find is the following:

[joe@arch ~]$ pacman -Ss libgtk
extra/libgtkhtml 2.11.1-4
    An HTML library for GTK
community/libgtksourceviewmm2 2.10.1-2
    A C++ API for gtksourceview2

Also I don't know which packages fit "libgl1-mesa-dev", "libglu1-mesa-dev" and finally "libasound2-dev". There is libgl but this causes a conflict the my proprietary nvidia graphics driver.

Could anyone give me advice, which packages could be the right ones?

Thanks!

Last edited by grindcore (2012-02-28 06:29:03)

#2 2012-02-27 23:17:46

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Re: [SOLVED] Trying to compile Cafu engine - Unable to find dependencies

We generally don't split out libs and headers etc so:
base-devel gives you gcc etc
nvidia-utils provides libgl
mesa provides the rest of the opengl headers
gtk2 provides libgtk 2.x
alsa-libs provides the alsa headers you need

The error you posted seem to indicate some upstream code issue though.

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

#3 2012-02-28 06:28:01

grindcore

Re: [SOLVED] Trying to compile Cafu engine - Unable to find dependencies

Okay I have checked all the packages and it turned out that I had already all of them installed.

This means there has to be indeed an upstream code issue. So I will contact the developers via the Cafu forum. I thought about doing this instantly after the build had failed, but I wanted to check out first whether I was not missing a dependency and consequently it would have been a fault of mine.

Thank you very much.

Board footer