You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-09 02:10:00

BobL

Configuration errors upon exiting gnome?

Hopefully this is not all that silly a question....if it is, well I am probably in the right forum smile

That said:

When exiting gnome, the gui shuts down and I get back to a CLI.  Fine, all well and good.  However these messages appear on the CLI before the prompt:

(Nautilus: 3251) : Eel-CRITICAL **:Preferences_entry_remove_callback: assertion ' entry->callback-list !=NULL' failed

**Nautilus: 3251: : WARNING ** destroyed file still being monitored **

The application 'gnome-panel' lost its connection to the display :0.0; most likely the X server was shutdown or you killed/destroyed the application

(Usage:program_name[address][:port])(Usage:program_name[address][:port])

Then the normal prompt appears.   Now the message about 'gnome-panel' losing its connection is rather clear as I did log out/shutdown gnome.

Is this more configuration errors than bugs or is this sort of thing "normal" when gnome is shut down?

Oh, and I have done a pacman -Syu already.

Any hints, ideas or speculation is welcome...:)

Thanks.

#2 2005-08-09 09:12:32

nagoola

Re: Configuration errors upon exiting gnome?

Hi,

you may ignore this. It is caused by some programs, which are still running in the background once you are killing the X Server (exiting gnome).
You probably could look at the list of running programs and try to stop all of them before you close gnome but there is no real reason for that and I am not even sure whether it would work.
Anyway, I admit it looks wierd - but can be ignored.

#3 2005-08-10 01:41:51

BobL

Re: Configuration errors upon exiting gnome?

Much like I usually ignore the errors when I exit  XFCE4 ?  smile

Cool.   

Might be interesting to polish that DE ( Gnome not XFCE4 ) a bit so those errors DON'T occur.   

Perhaps that will be my next project......Once I have learned C!!!!

Thanks again.

Board footer