You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-26 07:49:55

junkie

No mouse pointer / cursor after suspend with SLIMLOCK

I have pm-suspend working, it sleeps and wakes up fine. One tiny problem though: after waking up the mouse pointer is invisible. It is functional, because if I move it around the context sensitive clicks work (right click on desktop etc.). I also noticed that switching to another virtual console and back seems to fix this. The wiki on pm-utils has a section on how to reinitialize the mouse, but that only applies to PS/2 hardware, and I have a USB mouse, and besides, the hardware itself works OK, it's the pointer that is invisible.
I have slimlock as the screen locker installed and working, using the script from the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pm … or_suspend. If I comment out the line where slimlock is started, the cursor is always visible after resume (but have no screen lock, obviously).

Any ideas?

#2 2012-03-11 10:16:12

peltho

Re: No mouse pointer / cursor after suspend with SLIMLOCK

I've got the same problem, and I think it comes from slimlock.
Indeed, I don't use any script which associates pm-suspend and slimlock, so when I want to suspend, I run slimlock, and then I close the lid which one runs pm-suspend.
After waking up : the same problem as yours concerning the mouse pointer, but if I don't run slimlock before to suspend, after waking up, there's no problem concerning the mouse.
So I conclude that's the problem is relative to slimlock...

But how to solve it ? There's the question !

Board footer