You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-11 17:48:30

ivd

[SOLVED] Pacman update trouble

Hey, I installed arch and I could not update it. There was some problem and I am completely lost can you guys please help I tried to find similar problems and solutions on-line but was unable to find them. Sorry for not including the exact error but it I cannot remember it. If you cannot think of the top of your head what is happening and how to solve it then i will try reinstalling it and pasting the exact code. I would appreciate any help because I want to use arch and have the GUI, by the way that is why I want to update it because without updating I cannot install the GUI, I cannot update and install any packages from the internet. EXTRA: I am using Ethernet.

Last edited by ivd (2012-03-11 18:35:55)

#2 2012-03-11 17:51:54

karol
Archivist

Re: [SOLVED] Pacman update trouble

W/o the error message I'm afraid I can't help much.
What were the "similar problems" you were trying out?

#3 2012-03-11 17:55:52

GNUkid

ivd wrote:

Hey, I installed arch and I could not update it. There was some problem and I am completely lost can you guys please help I tried to find similar problems and solutions on-line but was unable to find them. Sorry for not including the exact error but it I cannot remember it. If you cannot think of the top of your head what is happening and how to solve it then i will try reinstalling it and pasting the exact code. I would appreciate any help because I want to use arch and have the GUI, by the way that is why I want to update it because without updating I cannot install the GUI, I cannot update and install any packages from the internet. EXTRA: I am using Ethernet.

Hard to help without any specified errors or problems, I had some problems installing Arch core install from the disc and later I couldnt update it couse it had key problems. You can solve those 2 ways if that might be the problem: 1 install a fresh netinstall instead worked for me 2 Go into your pacman.conf and turn off the key option, if you dont know how search the wiki for key or such. Hope this help!

#4 2012-03-11 18:15:54

ivd

Ok here is the error

pacman -Syu

error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirrors.dotsrc.org : no address record (it says this for 3 mirrors)
error: failed to update core No address record

Then it gives me exactly the same error with extra.db and community.db

#5 2012-03-11 18:21:37

karol
Archivist

#6 2012-03-11 18:36:09

ivd

Thank you a lot

Board footer