You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-12 05:18:27

crab

[SOLVED] Invisible popup menus using cinnamon and muffin.

After a recent update of muffin-git*, popup (mostly right-click) menus in all applications have become invisible - if I click where I think the popup menu is supposed to be, a random action occurs (as I don't know which command is being clicked).  Firefox compact menu uses a popup so this does not display either.  Popup menus only work in Java applications (e.g., libre-office).

Normal menu-bar drop-down menus are visible and work in all applications (qt, gtk and java).

Does this sound like the problem is related to muffin, and I should be filing a bug against muffin?  Or has someone come across this and found a solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Info: 64-bit, muffin-git (20120312-1) + cinnamon (1.3.1-3) and nvidia (295.20-3).  I have tried reinstalling muffin-git with success then rebooting, but no change (then same with cinnamon).  Changing themes does not help either.

*not 100% sure if this was the cause; only noticed after rebooting after 2 days

Last edited by crab (2012-03-13 05:47:12)

#2 2012-03-13 00:25:20

nixIT

Re: [SOLVED] Invisible popup menus using cinnamon and muffin.

crab wrote:

After a recent update of muffin-git*, popup (mostly right-click) menus in all applications have become invisible - if I click where I think the popup menu is supposed to be, a random action occurs (as I don't know which command is being clicked).  Firefox compact menu uses a popup so this does not display either.  Popup menus only work in Java applications (e.g., libre-office).

Normal menu-bar drop-down menus are visible and work in all applications (qt, gtk and java).

Does this sound like the problem is related to muffin, and I should be filing a bug against muffin?  Or has someone come across this and found a solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Info: 64-bit, muffin-git (20120312-1) + cinnamon (1.3.1-3) and nvidia (295.20-3).  I have tried reinstalling muffin-git with success then rebooting, but no change (then same with cinnamon).  Changing themes does not help either.

*not 100% sure if this was the cause; only noticed after rebooting after 2 days

I just want to jump in and say I have that exact same issue after an update today.  I thought I was going crazy.  I confirmed that the context menu works in Gnome Shell.

ASRock X570 PG VELOCITA AM4 AMD X570  | AMD Ryzen 5900x | 128GB G.SKILL RipjawsV  | ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT Challenger D

#3 2012-03-13 05:46:45

crab

Re: [SOLVED] Invisible popup menus using cinnamon and muffin.

Glad I wasn't the only one!

Glebihan (one of the muffin and cinnamon devs) has given us a solution: install cinnamon-git (replacing cinnamon).

Worked for me and marking this thread as solved.  Thanks for confirming this wasn't just an isolated issue!

Edit:  cinnamon 1.4 is out and fixes this issue, so no need to switch to cinnamon-git.  yaourt -Syua

Last edited by crab (2012-03-15 01:20:37)

Board footer