You are not logged in.

#126 2012-03-22 12:48:57

fabertawe

Re: SpaceFM - A Customizable File Manager

tri1976 wrote:
hasufell wrote:

Plugins -> Copy -> *select trash-tarball.tar.gz*
and paste it into any sub-menu. it works

I did not know about this method.  After installing the trash plugin, under the plugin menu, I right clicked on the trash submenu, went to edit mode, chose copy....this method did not work.  Your method works.

I may be doing something wrong here but when using Trash from the right-click (sub)menu (installed as per above instructions) I get the following error (exit status 127) -

/tmp/spacefm-paul-4392.tmp/28de8b77-tmp.sh: line 77: /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_28c8b6e6/exec.sh: No such file or directory

Any ideas? It works from the Plugins menu.

Ryzen 9 5950X, X570S Aorus Pro AX, RX 6600, Arch x86_64

#127 2012-03-22 16:37:25

hasufell

fabertawe wrote:

(installed as per above instructions)

which one?

Plugins -> Copy -> File -> *select tarball* -> click OK -> open right-click menu -> press middleclick (for design mode) -> Paste

?

#128 2012-03-22 19:10:01

fabertawe

Yes, both ways actually, same result.

#129 2012-03-23 15:51:29

IgnorantGuru
Website

hasufell wrote:
IgnorantGuru wrote:

I haven't seen this.  Is it possible to take screenshot?  Does spacefm hang or continue working normally?  Any warnings in stdout (run spacefm in a terminal)?

i can still minimize the window, but its all blank and as soon as i want to close it, my wm tells me it has crashed ( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52044785/spacefmbug.png )

this happened under openbox and fluxbox, no warnings in stdout at all

I'm not familiar with gdb and that seems quite complex, so I'm not sure how to hunt that down (debug symbols are compiled and unstripped)

The Arch AUR package is already built with symbols and unstripped, so all you need to do is install the debugging symbols for gtk, glib, etc., and run spacefm in gdb.  I have added some quick instructions for this to the (yet to be released) README file for 0.7.3.

gdb is all I can think of because I can't reproduce this and you're the only person reporting it thus far.  I'd like to know more about what's happening.

#130 2012-03-23 15:54:32

IgnorantGuru
Website

anonymous_user wrote:

@IgnorantGuru - You've said that "The new SpaceFM file manager includes much of the functionality of devmon." however would devices only be mounted once SpaceFM is started?

Yes.  You can run it as a daemon in the background (started in your login script).  This will keep the volume monitor working and automounting even when all spacefm windows are closed.  It will also make opening a spacefm window quicker (like preloading).

#131 2012-03-23 16:00:33

IgnorantGuru
Website

tri1976 wrote:

Thanks hasufell.  I realize I could do that, but it seems so "cloogy".  You can copy the plugin and paste it to right click menu, but it doesn't copy and paste the actual script (it just creates an empty script).

I can't reproduce this with 0.7.2.  No matter how I copy a submenu plugin, all the scripts for the contained commands are copied and are functional.  Can you give exact steps to reproduce the copy failure?

I don't recommend editing plugin files.  They will sometimes contain disabled info  - for example if you set a command line, then set a command script, then export, the disabled command line will appear in the plugin file (and can be used by the plugin user by copying the plugin and enabling the command line).  This is by design.  If you want to clear it, the better way is to clear the command line from within spacefm.

#132 2012-03-23 16:15:42

IgnorantGuru
Website

fabertawe wrote:

@IgnorantGuru - could plugin functionality be integrated into the right-click menu? For instance, a submenu containing all the installed plugins.

Preferably, even appearing directly in the right-click menu but only showing the plugins relevant to the selected file(s).

One aspect of the Plugins menu is that its contents are root-protected.  No changes to spacefm's session file can alter its contents or modify the commands within.  Thus when you run a plugin from the Plugins menu, there is a certain level of security provided, especially if the plugin runs as root.  When commands are copied from the Plugins menu and pasted into other menus, they lose root protection (it takes only normal user permissions to modify their appearance and contents).

Showing plugins directly on the right-click menu is not possible without introducing security problems, but it's an interesting idea to show a Plugins submenu on the right-click menu - I'll consider an option for that.  It would have to exclude rename and context, since that would introduce security issues.  One issue with adding the option is that it makes the UI that much more complex.  If the user has many plugins installed it could also cause the right-click menu to be sluggish.  But as long as its an option it should work okay.  I'll ponder it.

#133 2012-03-23 16:29:54

IgnorantGuru
Website

tri1976 wrote:
hasufell wrote:

could you upload this plugin somwhere like sourceforge and provide a COPYING file with your preferred license?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have never publicly distribute anything before, so don't know the "common practice" for doing so.  I'll include a copying notice in the scripts and upload them somewhere else (maybe google code).  I'll also try to remove unused entries in the plugin.

spacefm's help system is still in the works, and plugins will have some additional abilities once that's done, in terms of displaying a readme file.  This will help with licensing.  For now, I think stating that your plugin is GPL2 should be sufficient, and you (or the packager) could throw a copy of the GPL2 license into the archive (name the license file 'COPYING').

You're a bit ahead of me with the plugins, which is good, but also means you may be one of the first to encounter these issues and find some bugs I haven't seen.  I did test the plugin code quite thoroughly but there's nothing like actually using it in more live situations.

Only bug I'm aware of at this point (0.7.2):  Copying a plugin (or any menu item) sometimes doesn't copy the context rules.

Last edited by IgnorantGuru (2012-03-23 16:37:54)

#134 2012-03-23 16:51:19

IgnorantGuru
Website

fabertawe wrote:

I may be doing something wrong here but when using Trash from the right-click (sub)menu (installed as per above instructions) I get the following error (exit status 127) -

/tmp/spacefm-paul-4392.tmp/28de8b77-tmp.sh: line 77: /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_28c8b6e6/exec.sh: No such file or directory

It does sound like the script file wasn't copied correctly when you copied the plugin.  I can't reproduce this in 0.7.2 though when using Trash_v0.3 (26c10a3f031e94eabf4a6ddc0e0fc1309d18bae3).  I will retest the plugin copy methods before the next release, but if anyone finds a clue I'd be interested.  The contents of the plugin's command directory should be copied when the plugin is copied with any method.

Can you tell me if '/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_28c8b6e6/' is the correct command directory for the copy?  IOW is it the same directory accessed by right-clicking on the copy and selecting Command|Browse|Files?

Also, any error msgs in stdout when copying the plugin?  (To see stdout, run the first instance of spacefm in a terminal and leave the terminal window open as its running.)

Last edited by IgnorantGuru (2012-03-23 17:43:15)

#135 2012-03-24 00:26:51

tri1976

IgnorantGuru wrote:

I can't reproduce this with 0.7.2.  No matter how I copy a submenu plugin, all the scripts for the contained commands are copied and are functional.  Can you give exact steps to reproduce the copy failure?

Uhmm, I can't reproduce it neither...maybe it just didn't work that one time.

#136 2012-03-24 14:14:51

fabertawe

IgnorantGuru wrote:
fabertawe wrote:

It does sound like the script file wasn't copied correctly when you copied the plugin.  I can't reproduce this in 0.7.2 though when using Trash_v0.3 (26c10a3f031e94eabf4a6ddc0e0fc1309d18bae3).  I will retest the plugin copy methods before the next release, but if anyone finds a clue I'd be interested.  The contents of the plugin's command directory should be copied when the plugin is copied with any method.

Can you tell me if '/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_28c8b6e6/' is the correct command directory for the copy?  IOW is it the same directory accessed by right-clicking on the copy and selecting Command|Browse|Files?

The directory doesn't exist (as per the error message). When I do "right-click on the copy and select Command|Browse|Files" then the "/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_*/" directory is created for the corresponding item in the Trash submenu but it is empty. I've also tried Trash v0.5 and copying the plugin via 'Plugins -> Copy -> File' and 'Plugins -> Trash *right-click* -> Copy'.

IgnorantGuru wrote:

Also, any error msgs in stdout when copying the plugin?  (To see stdout, run the first instance of spacefm in a terminal and leave the terminal window open as its running.)

All I get on stdout is the TASK_COMMAND and SPAWN stuff...

TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' ; mkdir -p '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' && cd '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' && tar --exclude='/*' --keep-old-files -xzf '/home/paul/downloads/SpaceFM/Trash_v0.5.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz' ; err=$?; if [ $err -ne 0 ] || [ ! -e plugin ]; then rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' ; echo Error installing plugin ; exit $err ; fi ; chmod -R go+rX-w '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' 
SPAWN=/bin/bash  /tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/5aa597bd-tmp.sh  run
    pid = 4951
child finished  pid=4951 exit_status=0

Please let me know if there's anything else I can try.

Last edited by fabertawe (2012-03-24 14:16:04)

#137 2012-03-24 14:39:09

fabertawe

IgnorantGuru wrote:

One aspect of the Plugins menu is that its contents are root-protected.  No changes to spacefm's session file can alter its contents or modify the commands within.  Thus when you run a plugin from the Plugins menu, there is a certain level of security provided, especially if the plugin runs as root.  When commands are copied from the Plugins menu and pasted into other menus, they lose root protection (it takes only normal user permissions to modify their appearance and contents).

Showing plugins directly on the right-click menu is not possible without introducing security problems, but it's an interesting idea to show a Plugins submenu on the right-click menu - I'll consider an option for that.  It would have to exclude rename and context, since that would introduce security issues.  One issue with adding the option is that it makes the UI that much more complex.  If the user has many plugins installed it could also cause the right-click menu to be sluggish.  But as long as its an option it should work okay.  I'll ponder it.

I feel I should not make further observations until I get to know the software better and use it more extensively. Saying that however, I don't understand the root-protection idea, do you have an example? Is it more applicable to a multi-user workstation? You say "it takes only normal user permissions to modify their appearance and contents" if they lose root protection but then I could just add the functionality I require as another plugin (root-protected) anyway. Isn't this just making it less configurable? Perhaps you're taking the "users need to be protected against themselves" approach wink

If showing plugins on the right-click menu automatically is problematic then please discard the idea. As long as there is some way to manually make them appear then I'm quite happy to put in the work myself to that end smile I'm also not a fan of sluggish menus and I'm not sure all plugins would need to be available on the right-click menu.

#138 2012-03-24 15:05:57

tri1976

fabertawe wrote:

The directory doesn't exist (as per the error message). When I do "right-click on the copy and select Command|Browse|Files" then the "/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_*/" directory is created for the corresponding item in the Trash submenu but it is empty. I've also tried Trash v0.5 and copying the plugin via 'Plugins -> Copy -> File' and 'Plugins -> Trash *right-click* -> Copy'.

Do you have spacefm running as daemon?  Maybe you can kill all spacefm processes and try this again.  Try this with a brand new spacefm config directory

pkill spacefm
mv ~/.config/spacefm ~/.config/spacefm~
spacefm

I don't know if any of these will make any difference but something to try.

#139 2012-03-24 22:55:07

tri1976

Does anyone know if there is a way to open right-click context menu with keyboard shortcut?  If not, can I make this a feature request?

Last edited by tri1976 (2012-03-24 22:55:47)

#140 2012-03-25 01:41:47

hasufell

tri1976 wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to open right-click context menu with keyboard shortcut?  If not, can I make this a feature request?

it works with standard application key for me.

#141 2012-03-25 01:46:06

tri1976

hasufell wrote:
tri1976 wrote:

it works with standard application key for me.

I am using a laptop and it doesn't have such key.  I did a quick google search and Shift+F10 does the trick....cool smile

Last edited by tri1976 (2012-03-25 01:48:51)

#142 2012-03-25 14:01:48

IgnorantGuru
Website

fabertawe wrote:

IgnorantGuru wrote:

All I get on stdout is the TASK_COMMAND and SPAWN stuff...

TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' ; mkdir -p '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' && cd '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' && tar --exclude='/*' --keep-old-files -xzf '/home/paul/downloads/SpaceFM/Trash_v0.5.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz' ; err=$?; if [ $err -ne 0 ] || [ ! -e plugin ]; then rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' ; echo Error installing plugin ; exit $err ; fi ; chmod -R go+rX-w '/tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/24b6e5ff' 
SPAWN=/bin/bash  /tmp/spacefm-paul-4866.tmp/5aa597bd-tmp.sh  run
    pid = 4951
child finished  pid=4951 exit_status=0

Thanks - I couldn't reproduce any problem with copying plugins or submenus, but I have added some debug info which will print to stdout.  This is now available on the git next branch if you want to try it, or you can wait until the release of 0.7.3.  I'd like to see the output when you paste the submenu, for both methods of copying.  And if you could look over the copy commands, you might see why it's failing.  You should also get an error popup if the copy fails, so it's strange you didn't.

If someone wants to make an AUR package for spacefm-git that builds the next branch, that might be helpful.  I don't currently have an arch system to test it on, so this would better be maintained by someone else, but once you create it, it shouldn't need to be updated much.  The next branch is the next release as a work in progress.  As with the spacefm AUR package, probably best to leave it unstripped and with debugging for now.  Thanks.

As tri1976 suggested, you might try it with a fresh configuration.  You can do so without modifying your current config by running spacefm like this (assumes spacefm-test doesn't exist):

spacefm --config-dir /tmp/spacefm-test

I doubt that will make a difference but it's odd that this problem is not reproducible.

#143 2012-03-26 09:15:52

fabertawe

IgnorantGuru wrote:

Thanks - I couldn't reproduce any problem with copying plugins or submenus, but I have added some debug info which will print to stdout.  This is now available on the git next branch if you want to try it, or you can wait until the release of 0.7.3.  I'd like to see the output when you paste the submenu, for both methods of copying.  And if you could look over the copy commands, you might see why it's failing.  You should also get an error popup if the copy fails, so it's strange you didn't.

I will try the debug version as soon as I am able. The TASK_COMMAND for copying the plugin -

TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78' ; mkdir -p '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78' && cd '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78' && tar --exclude='/*' --keep-old-files -xzf '/home/paul/downloads/SpaceFM/Trash_v0.5.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz' ; err=$?; if [ $err -ne 0 ] || [ ! -e plugin ]; then rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78' ; echo Error installing plugin ; exit $err ; fi ; chmod -R go+rX-w '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78' 
SPAWN=/bin/bash  /tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/7c219a85-tmp.sh  run
    pid = 9793
child finished  pid=9793 exit_status=0

As tri1976 suggested, you might try it with a fresh configuration.  You can do so without modifying your current config by running spacefm like this (assumes spacefm-test doesn't exist):

spacefm --config-dir /tmp/spacefm-test

I doubt that will make a difference but it's odd that this problem is not reproducible.

I've tried with the fresh configuration but it's the same problem. The only observation I can make is that when I do 'Plugins -> Copy -> File', a second copy of the Trash plugin is installed in tmp -
Original Trash folder -> '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/15d834ca'
Additional folder -> '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78'
No error or output on stdout when pasting Trash into the right-click menu (or on the '-> Copy' itself). There is an icon for the submenu but none in the submenu.

Am I the only person experiencing this?! Could it be something with the build as regards my setup maybe? Thanks.

Last edited by fabertawe (2012-03-26 09:17:46)

#144 2012-03-26 09:53:33

fabertawe

Ok, just built spacefm-git-20120326-1 (x86_64). Not quite sure what I'm doing but it worked. I left "options=('!strip')" in. This is the full console output of running it, installing Trash, copying and pasting it into the right-click menu. Nothing new though and I'm not seeing any debug info...

TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/usr/share/spacefm/plugins/Trash_v05'
SPAWN=/usr/bin/gksu  -g  -D  SpaceFM Command  /bin/bash /usr/bin/spacefm-auth root /tmp/spacefm.tmp/03403674-tmp.sh cc65b2b65dbe9c2f95a9b37a592cc2137c1fc0561f8fab5fca0a84b8cbea61ab
    pid = 10224
child finished  pid=10224 exit_status=0

TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/usr/share/spacefm/plugins/Trash_v05' ; mkdir -p '/usr/share/spacefm/plugins/Trash_v05' && cd '/usr/share/spacefm/plugins/Trash_v05' && tar --exclude='/*' --keep-old-files -xzf '/home/paul/downloads/SpaceFM/Trash_v0.5.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz' ; err=$?; if [ $err -ne 0 ] || [ ! -e plugin ]; then rm -rf '/usr/share/spacefm/plugins/Trash_v05' ; echo Error installing plugin ; exit $err ; fi ; chown -R root:root '/usr/share/spacefm/plugins/Trash_v05' && chmod -R go+rX-w '/usr/share/spacefm/plugins/Trash_v05' 
SPAWN=/usr/bin/gksu  -g  -D  SpaceFM Command  /bin/bash /usr/bin/spacefm-auth root /tmp/spacefm.tmp/00fedf3a-tmp.sh 053707ac02b66cf85e51216cc62859396548ec1b75bae39b7344ec095e3227cc
    pid = 10279
child finished  pid=10279 exit_status=0

TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-10169.tmp/0e29fdf7' ; mkdir -p '/tmp/spacefm-paul-10169.tmp/0e29fdf7' && cd '/tmp/spacefm-paul-10169.tmp/0e29fdf7' && tar --exclude='/*' --keep-old-files -xzf '/home/paul/downloads/SpaceFM/Trash_v0.5.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz' ; err=$?; if [ $err -ne 0 ] || [ ! -e plugin ]; then rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-10169.tmp/0e29fdf7' ; echo Error installing plugin ; exit $err ; fi ; chmod -R go+rX-w '/tmp/spacefm-paul-10169.tmp/0e29fdf7' 
SPAWN=/bin/bash  /tmp/spacefm-paul-10169.tmp/5e2a9f5c-tmp.sh  run
    pid = 10342
child finished  pid=10342 exit_status=0

TASK_COMMAND=/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_4a7f0717/exec.sh
SPAWN=/bin/bash  /tmp/spacefm-paul-10169.tmp/5daa2e9d-tmp.sh  run
    pid = 10432
child finished  pid=10432 exit_status=32512

EDIT: The README proclaims 'README for SpaceFM v0.7.2 ALPHA TEST VERSION'. Have I pulled the wrong version? Here's the PKGBUILD (git parts copied from another package. 'pkgver' magically updated itself)

# Maintainer: IgnorantGuru http://igurublog.wordpress.com/contact-ignorantguru/
# Thanks to ridikulus_rat for PKGBUILD improvements
pkgname="spacefm-git"
pkgver=20120326
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A multi-panel tabbed file manager"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url=("http://spacefm.sourceforge.net/")
license=('GPL2')

makedepends=('intltool' 'gettext' 'git')
depends=('gtk2' 'shared-mime-info' 'desktop-file-utils' 'startup-notification')
optdepends=('ktsuss: perform as root functionality'
            'gksu: perform as root functionality'
            'udisks: automount and device manager' 'wget' 'lsof' 'eject')

options=('!strip')
install="spacefm.install"

#source=("http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/spacefm/spacefm-${pkgver}.tar.xz")
#md5sums=('4e31055b3b98d090e6cafe6979f75773')
#sha256sums=('de545921259f94b0d3b830341e6afbeb1efac835d2e0a315415cbf001157e6d8')

_gitroot="git://github.com/IgnorantGuru/spacefm.git"
_gitname="spacefm"

build() {
  cd "$srcdir"
  msg "Connecting to GIT server...."

if [ -d $_gitname ] ; then
    cd $_gitname && git pull origin
    msg "The local files are updated."
  else
    git clone $_gitroot $_gitname
  fi

msg "GIT checkout done or server timeout"
  msg "Starting make..."

rm -rf "$srcdir/$_gitname-build"
  git clone "$srcdir/$_gitname" "$srcdir/$_gitname-build"
  cd "$srcdir/$_gitname-build"

# NOTE: To enable hal support add --enable-hal to
    # configure line below. See README for details.
    # NOTE: To disable inotify and use fam or gamin instead, add:
    # --disable-inotify to configure line below.
    # NOTE: To add a custom su program (mysu in this example), add:
    # --with-preferable-sudo="mysu"  to configure line below.

CFLAGS+="-g" ./configure --prefix="/usr"
    echo
    CFLAGS+="-g" make
    echo
}

package() {
    cd "${srcdir}/$_gitname-build"
    echo
    make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}/" install
    echo
}

Last edited by fabertawe (2012-03-26 10:05:28)

#145 2012-03-26 12:03:59

IgnorantGuru
Website

fabertawe wrote:

I've tried with the fresh configuration but it's the same problem. The only observation I can make is that when I do 'Plugins -> Copy -> File', a second copy of the Trash plugin is installed in tmp -
Original Trash folder -> '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/15d834ca'
Additional folder -> '/tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78'

Each time you use 'Plugins -> Copy -> File', the plugin will be extracted to a new folder in /tmp (eg /tmp/spacefm-paul-28806.tmp/05ecce78).  You may see two of these because you used copy more than once.  When you paste, it will be copied from this location to your config scripts folder.

Am I the only person experiencing this?! Could it be something with the build as regards my setup maybe? Thanks.

It is very odd that your problem is not reproducible - I can't explain it because the code is simple enough.  It's also odd because if the copy fails it should show a popup error.  But the new debug info should give a clue to what's happening.

It looks like your PKGBUILD pulled the master branch (which is 0.7.2).  You want branch 'next'.  You should definitely see output when pasting the command with that version.  For example, here I am using  'Plugins -> Copy -> File' on Trash v0.3 followed by Paste... (the multiple copies are due to the recursive copy of the submenu contents)

# copy...
TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a' ; mkdir -p '/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a' && cd '/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a' && tar --exclude='/*' --keep-old-files -xzf '/data/tmp/Trash_v0.3.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz' ; err=$?; if [ $err -ne 0 ] || [ ! -e plugin ]; then rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a' ; echo Error installing plugin ; exit $err ; fi ; chmod -R go+rX-w '/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a' 
SPAWN=  /bin/bash/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/4517d043-tmp.sh  run
    pid = 17265
child finished  pid=17265 exit_status=0

# paste...
xset_custom_copy( cstm_553f33f0, 0 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_553f33f0, cstm_538c0097 )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_3fae2843
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_538c0097
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_3fae2843 /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_538c0097
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_538c0097
    copy submenu cstm_74981ffb

xset_custom_copy( cstm_74981ffb, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_74981ffb, cstm_5dd422c0 )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_7393355c
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_5dd422c0
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_7393355c /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_5dd422c0
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_5dd422c0
    copy next cstm_1d7ad8a2

xset_custom_copy( cstm_1d7ad8a2, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_1d7ad8a2, cstm_4f67648c )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_6142e088
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_4f67648c
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_6142e088 /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_4f67648c
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_4f67648c
    copy next cstm_76f5067c

xset_custom_copy( cstm_76f5067c, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_76f5067c, cstm_0ccce342 )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_61aa46d1
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_0ccce342
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_61aa46d1 /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_0ccce342
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_0ccce342
    copy next cstm_4d36218c

xset_custom_copy( cstm_4d36218c, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_4d36218c, cstm_3c93c96b )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_52bd6de4
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_3c93c96b
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-test-17205.tmp/25be292a/cstm_52bd6de4 /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_3c93c96b
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/test/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_3c93c96b

#146 2012-03-26 15:43:39

fabertawe

IgnorantGuru wrote:

It looks like your PKGBUILD pulled the master branch (which is 0.7.2).  You want branch 'next'.

So how do I pull the 'next' branch? Any pointers welcome!

#147 2012-03-26 18:16:08

IgnorantGuru
Website

fabertawe wrote:
IgnorantGuru wrote:

It looks like your PKGBUILD pulled the master branch (which is 0.7.2).  You want branch 'next'.

So how do I pull the 'next' branch? Any pointers welcome!

To clone the next branch I would use:

git clone -b next git@github.com:IgnorantGuru/spacefm.git

or to pull:

git pull origin next

Not exactly sure how that is best done in a PKGBUILD, but you could try it like that.  Also, this is a good git reference.

#148 2012-03-27 08:57:38

fabertawe

Ok, 0.7.3 built (only had to add '-b next' to the 'git clone...' line) and here's the output...

TASK_COMMAND=rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146' ; mkdir -p '/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146' && cd '/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146' && tar --exclude='/*' --keep-old-files -xzf '/home/paul/downloads/SpaceFM/Trash_v0.5.spacefm-plugin.tar.gz' ; err=$?; if [ $err -ne 0 ] || [ ! -e plugin ]; then rm -rf '/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146' ; echo Error installing plugin ; exit $err ; fi ; chmod -R go+rX-w '/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146' 
SPAWN=  /bin/bash/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/4a076e7f-tmp.sh  run
    pid = 12220
child finished  pid=12220 exit_status=0

xset_custom_copy( cstm_3a0b2783, 0 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_3a0b2783, cstm_598187ea )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_1eeb340d
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_598187ea
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_1eeb340d /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_598187ea
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_598187ea
    copy submenu cstm_22322089

xset_custom_copy( cstm_22322089, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_22322089, cstm_693fb6ce )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_52616b05
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_693fb6ce
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_52616b05 /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_693fb6ce
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_693fb6ce
    copy next cstm_24afa5c6

xset_custom_copy( cstm_24afa5c6, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_24afa5c6, cstm_083b7006 )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_187443b7
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_083b7006
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_187443b7 /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_083b7006
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_083b7006
    copy next cstm_4cd5b8b4

xset_custom_copy( cstm_4cd5b8b4, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_4cd5b8b4, cstm_4fd5970a )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_582861ae
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_4fd5970a
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_582861ae /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_4fd5970a
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_4fd5970a
    copy next cstm_2dd95d4c

xset_custom_copy( cstm_2dd95d4c, 1 )
xset_custom_copy_files( cstm_2dd95d4c, cstm_1e10c7c4 )
    path_src=/tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_01ada2e1
    path_src EXISTS
    path_dest=/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_1e10c7c4
    command=cp -a /tmp/spacefm-paul-12162.tmp/78355146/cstm_01ada2e1 /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_1e10c7c4
    command2=chmod -R go-rwx /home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts/cstm_1e10c7c4

** (spacefm:12162): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_box_gap: assertion `height >= -1' failed

Looking at that you'd have thought it had worked but alas no. Directory permissions as follows

$ ls -la /home/paul/.config | grep spacefm
drwx------   3 paul users  4096 Mar 27 09:46 spacefm

$ ls -la /home/paul/.config/spacefm
total 120
drwx------  3 paul users  4096 Mar 27 09:46 .
drwxr-xr-x 50 paul users  4096 Mar 12 11:26 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 paul users  1357 Mar 27 09:46 bookmarks
-rw-r--r--  1 paul users 36102 Mar 27 09:46 session
-rw-------  1 paul users 34713 Mar 27 09:44 session-last
-rw-------  1 paul users 30647 Mar 27 09:35 session-prior

I don't know why I didn't try this before but if I manually create '/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts' then the copy works and the plugin works from right-click. So I guess the simple solution is for spacefm to create the scripts directory initially.

Cheers.

#149 2012-03-27 13:51:48

IgnorantGuru
Website

fabertawe wrote:

** (spacefm:12162): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_box_gap: assertion `height >= -1' failed

jfyi, clearlooks performs very poorly with spacefm, especially with multiple panels open - it can seriously affect responsiveness.  Some theme info.

I don't know why I didn't try this before but if I manually create '/home/paul/.config/spacefm/scripts' then the copy works and the plugin works from right-click. So I guess the simple solution is for spacefm to create the scripts directory initially.

Aha - that is indeed a condition I didn't think to test.  I'll take a look at why that parent isn't created and also why no error is being produced.  Thanks for going the distance with it!

@tri1976:  Nice work on your trash plugin - I'll make an announcement about its availability with the next release.  Also, so you know, the next commit to next branch in a day or two will add spacefm's context-sensitive help and some other changes to design mode.  This includes help for plugins.  If the command directory(s) contains README (or readme.txt or readme.mkd), it will be opened in the user's text editor for viewing/editing when they select help for the plugin.  So I recommend that plugin authors begin including a README file in each command's command directory.  Markdown may be useful if the user's text editor supports highlighting.

#150 2012-03-27 14:29:28

fabertawe

IgnorantGuru wrote:

jfyi, clearlooks performs very poorly with spacefm, especially with multiple panels open - it can seriously affect responsiveness.  Some theme info.

Thanks for the pointer but I'm sticking with what I have right now - it was difficult keeping the tweaked theme I like after I ditched Gnome and I have everything set up great. I have no responsiveness issues but I'll bear your info in mind for the future, thanks.

Board footer