You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-19 10:13:50

windsheep

[REQUEST] Livescribe Smartpen stuff from PPA/Github

Hi!

There are Linux integrations for digitals pens, also referred to as SmartPens. These are peripheral USB devices that record your handwriting both on paper and file (internal NAND flash).  - Pretty slick, most people however think it's Win/Mac only. This is not true (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livescribe … ng_systems) wink

I need some help to build an AUR package from:

1.) https://github.com/aliendude5300/LibreScribe

make on my x64/arch/gcc4 system results into:

obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o: In function `wxCriticalSection::Enter()':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/thread.h:271: undefined reference to `wxMutex::Lock()'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o: In function `wxCriticalSection::Leave()':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/thread.h:272: undefined reference to `wxMutex::Unlock()'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o: In function `~BackgroundMonitor':
/home/wishi/source/LibreScribe/src/BackgroundMonitor.cpp:82: undefined reference to `wxThread::~wxThread()'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o: In function `BackgroundMonitor::Entry()':
/home/wishi/source/LibreScribe/src/BackgroundMonitor.cpp:59: undefined reference to `wxMutexGuiEnter()'
/home/wishi/source/LibreScribe/src/BackgroundMonitor.cpp:61: undefined reference to `wxMutexGuiLeave()'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o: In function `wxCriticalSection::Enter()':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/thread.h:271: undefined reference to `wxMutex::Lock()'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o: In function `wxCriticalSection::Leave()':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/thread.h:272: undefined reference to `wxMutex::Unlock()'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o: In function `~BackgroundMonitor':
/home/wishi/source/LibreScribe/src/BackgroundMonitor.cpp:82: undefined reference to `wxThread::~wxThread()'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o:(.rodata._ZTI17BackgroundMonitor[typeinfo for BackgroundMonitor]+0x10): undefined reference to `typeinfo for wxThread'
obj/Debug/src/BackgroundMonitor.o:(.rodata._ZTV17BackgroundMonitor[vtable for BackgroundMonitor]+0x18): undefined reference to `wxThread::TestDestroy()'
obj/Debug/src/Smartpen.o: In function `Smartpen::getNamedObject(char const*, int*)':
/home/wishi/source/LibreScribe/src/Smartpen.cpp:260: undefined reference to `g_utf8_to_utf16'
obj/Debug/src/Smartpen.o: In function `Smartpen::putNamedObject(char const*, char const*)':
/home/wishi/source/LibreScribe/src/Smartpen.cpp:323: undefined reference to `g_utf8_to_utf16'
/home/wishi/source/LibreScribe/src/Smartpen.cpp:323: undefined reference to `g_utf8_to_utf16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out_debug] Error 1

I can't get what I should change. wxWidgets is installed. UTF8... well yes. So that makes no sense to me.

2.) There's this PPA bei Steven Walter, that contains some useful libs. But there's no docu which parts have to be installed. (https://launchpad.net/~stevenrwalter/+archive/ppa)

So, I'm thankful for any helpful comment here.

Best,
windsheep

Last edited by windsheep (2011-12-19 10:26:36)

#2 2012-03-16 15:02:48

Fallback

Re: [REQUEST] Livescribe Smartpen stuff from PPA/Github

Hey do you have a PKGBUILD ?  I also looking for a solution  for that.

#3 2012-03-27 21:54:58

Manifold

I decided to learn something new (but not too difficult, hopefully!), so I browsed this forum to find an AUR request. This particular one seemed quite easy, so I set to it. Just a proviso, I wasn't able to quickly make a librescribe package, so I made a PKGBUILD for libsmartpen instead. The smartpen-browser on Steven Walter's PPA site is throwing funny errors and I don't have time to check it tonight...

I've tried this on my system and it seems to work with makepkg. I've checked it with namcap and there are no errors and the resulting package successfully using pacman. I'm using a 64-bit system.

Update: Please read the post below

Last edited by Manifold (2012-03-28 21:36:46)

#4 2012-03-28 21:49:34

Manifold

I've made some progress. Here are the PKGBUILDs for the libraries necessary to make smartpen-browser run. Please check them over. WARNING: I'm new at making PKGBUILDs, you'll be my labrat if you use them.

I've uploaded them onto AUR now: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php? … Manifolded

The author has written his python scripts in python2.6. This isn't an issue for the module as long as we compile with python2.6, but we run the install script to put the module in the right place with python2.7

As for the smartpen-browser, I converted it from python2.6 to python2.7 2 with 2to3-2.7 - and also fixed a common error with misnamed modules and changed the python binary used when smartpen-browser is launched to python2.7. All the modifications are clear in the PKGBUILD. smartpen-browser throws up a stupid number of errors if we run it straight off without modification.

I actually don't own a livescribe smartpen so I've no way to know if the pen will actually connect. I suppose it's a good sign that smartpen-browser doesn't segfault when I try to connect to a non-existent pen but just says "RuntimeError: Not connected" in the terminal window.

I don't think I'll look into librescribe yet. It's got a stupid list of dependencies that I can't be bothered to track down right now.

Last edited by Manifold (2012-03-29 19:13:42)

#5 2012-09-20 15:36:07

olaf.the.lost.viking

Hey everybody,

any news on this? The build dependencies of librescribe look really "scary" ;-)

I switched to OlafLostViking to match the IRC alias.

#6 2012-09-21 08:52:12

Manifold

Hello olaf,

If you look here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php? … Manifolded

I've made preliminary packages for smartpen-browser. I couldn't test it because I don't own a smartpen.

#7 2012-10-02 12:15:38

Fallback

I'm using an livescribe echo 4GB.

I get a segmentfault when I want to connect as normal user.
Found that:
https://github.com/srwalter/smartpen-browser/issues/3

running smartpen-browser as root

** (process:3671): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:3671): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:3671): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
swizzle
swizzle
swizzle
swizzle
Connection ID: 1
FAIL 0 4
python2.7: smartpen.c:83: obex_event: Assertion `0' failed.
Abgebrochen

The connect symbol on the pen appears shortly.

#8 2012-10-04 11:52:44

Manifold

Hello,

I don't have time to maintain these packages so I've disowned them. If someone would like to adopt them, please feel free to adopt!

Board footer