You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-12 13:57:09

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

special pages on wiki - top contributers, most active, etc.

Is there such a functionality?  Curious about my own stats.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#2 2012-02-12 15:07:14

Gcool

Re: special pages on wiki - top contributers, most active, etc.

I don't think MediaWiki has this functionality by default (anyone feel free to correct me here if Im wrong). There are various extensions which can be installed to enable this, but I can imagine this could also create a fair bit of load on wikis with quite alot of pages/content.

Burninate!

#3 2012-02-12 15:09:26

karol
Archivist

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sp … ecialPages has some nice info, like e.g. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sp … ctiveUsers
It's sorted alphabetically by user names, but you can copy the data to a file and sort it by number of edits, if you like.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?ti … et=Graysky <- your edits, sorted by 500 (to count pages easier) You seem to have less than 2k edits under your belt.

#4 2012-02-12 15:14:22

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Thanks K - I found that actually but I had to write a script to parse out the relevant info.  Was hoping this functionality was native.... you know, a top ten contributes, most active, etc.

Last edited by graysky (2012-02-12 15:14:45)

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#5 2012-04-09 14:51:09

Meskarune
Website

Actually I would really love to see that added to the wiki site. It might encourage people to add more to the wiki, and it would be fun to know how much you've contributed.

Homepage  | Arch Linux Women | Arch Linux Classroom
Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG:
Intel Dual-Core i5-6200U 2.3 GHz; Skylake rev3 | 8GB DDR4 ram | Intel HD Graphics 520 + NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac | Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

#6 2012-04-10 15:33:07

sonoran

The other side of this argument is that such a feature could lead to an inflation of useless or destructive edits by those who mistake quantity for quality. Contributing to the wiki, like virtue, ought to be its own reward.

#7 2015-02-04 14:23:14

kynikos
Wiki Admin

(I don't think this can be considered necro-bumping since this issue is still current in exactly the same way as it was at the time of the OP, and the thread has only a few posts.)

We now maintain ArchWiki:Statistics, for those interested.

sonoran wrote:

The other side of this argument is that such a feature could lead to an inflation of useless or destructive edits by those who mistake quantity for quality

In ArchWiki:Contributing we do encourage making big changes through many small edits, so if somebody tries to "cheat" that way in order to "climb the table", it's a welcome thing. If ArchWiki:Statistics really made it to encourage 2 or 3 more people to make 5 style/grammar fixes every day, it would also be a fantastic achievement. About "useless" edits, I'm not sure what you mean, but if somebody tries to spam by e.g. doing and undoing the same edit several times every day, he will be quickly caught during e.g. recent changes patrolling (not to mention that he will get tired soon, as it doesn't seem very entertaining, even for a troll, who usually needs some kind of direct feedback from the other users). About "destructive" edits, they never happen with small edits, and are always done in good faith: if really somebody started "destroying" the wiki systematically in order to increase his edit count, he would be caught almost immediately and his account blocked indefinitely.

Board footer