You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-12 06:05:01

themattbeballin

[SOLV]PulseAudio - Simultaneous Output works until I close pavucontrol

Hello,

I'm having a odd issue....

I just installed PulseAudio on my machine (Avoided it for so long, still prefer just plain ALSA) and I'm using a ALSA backend. I installed it for the need to simultaneously output my system audio to my headphones and my speakers at the same time. Everything seems to be all right except for when I play Minecraft or WoW... Those are the two things I notice it with most. Haven't tried anything else. But, unless pavucontrol is running minimized in the background, or just open in general... Simultaneous output is VERY choppy on those apps. Switching back to a single output works just fine. But I'd very much rather use the simultaneous output...

I've been searching for the better part of yesterday to figure out why having pavucontrol open in the background would truly make a difference. I was hoping you guys over here that may have some PulseAudio experience to give me a helping hand.

I'm not exactly sure what configs to post... but here's my daemon.conf. I can post anything needed.

Any support would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT: Marked at [SOLV]... [ED] Wouldn't fit.

Last edited by themattbeballin (2012-04-12 18:00:27)

#2 2012-04-12 17:26:17

themattbeballin

Re: [SOLV]PulseAudio - Simultaneous Output works until I close pavucontrol

Looking further into the issue this morning... It seems to be a problem with the timer based scheduler...

I disabled the scheduler using tsched=0 and now those apps work fine, except for the helicopter-like noise that it's producing now.

Any ideas how to fix that?

#3 2012-04-12 17:59:51

themattbeballin

Re: [SOLV]PulseAudio - Simultaneous Output works until I close pavucontrol

Marking as SOLVED. I seemed to have fixed it by turning off the timer based scheduling, and lowering the default fragments to 2.

Board footer