You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-15 14:06:01

ElVirolo

Black screen after suspend on a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E525

Hi everyone!

I own a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E525 which is running Arch. After waking up my laptop from suspend mode, the screen stays black and the laptop doesn't seem to respond to any input (even the SysReq keys don't seem to be working
I followed the instructions from the wiki (especially the laptop specific page and the pm-utils page), but it still doesn't work.

I'd be happy to provide more information if necessary.

Many thanks in advance,

ElVirolo.

#2 2012-04-16 00:08:16

root

Re: Black screen after suspend on a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E525

I fixed this in my case removing the autodetect hook in the mkinitcpio.conf file.

Further steps, if these aren't among the ones you have already tried, are mentioned in the wiki.

\(o_X)/
                        'Cause I wanna be an Archy - An Archy in the UK // Sex Pistols

#3 2012-04-16 13:47:10

chidori

Hi, ElVirolo
black screen  always or sometimes?

#4 2012-04-21 12:19:33

SternGerlachExperiment

Any other insights?

I'm having this same problem on my Thinkpad T60. Both suspend-to- disk and -to-ram result in a system which does not respond. The  crescent moon led indicator stays lit after resume. At first there's some disk activity and then nothing.

My system worked fine about a week ago, but after upgrading (to kernel 3.3.2-1 among other things), I haven't been able to suspend properly anymore. I have tried all sorts of fixes in the wikis and around the net, but nothing at all seems to help.

Has anybody else had suspend/resume problems after recent upgrades?

Edit: Also, after trying to resume, I can hear the fan beginning to rotate. Though the laptop seems to be unable to wake up, the fan is active. I also assume the CPU is under a heavy load as the laptop gets quite hot on on the left side.

Edit: Downgrading kernel does not help.

Edit 2:

Ok, this is weird.

I normally don't have the module (snd-hda-intel) for my sound card loaded. As soon as I load it manually, at least suspend begins to work normally. Why is this?

Is there a way to tell the kernel not to touch the module when resuming from suspend? I have the module blacklisted.

Last edited by SternGerlachExperiment (2012-04-21 16:46:23)

#5 2012-10-10 23:29:55

ElVirolo

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to be replying so late, I completely forgot about this thread. Thank you for your help, but the issue is still ongoing. I tried removing the autodetect hook, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Edit : I'm on a full systemd setup, it that helps.

Last edited by ElVirolo (2012-10-11 12:07:58)

#6 2013-07-15 13:03:14

CBiX

Same model, same issue. GPU is Radeon HD 6480G using the open source radeon driver (ati-dri), which doesn't have any problems. In my case, when resuming from suspend-to-RAM, only the main display doesn't work, so I can blindly put my password into the GNOME 3 login manager, start a terminal by shortcut and run reboot. When plugging in a second display over HDMI, the second display works as expected (and can be used for normal work), but the main display won't turn on until reboot sad Can't find any PM errors in dmesg log as well and rebuilding the initramdisk as described above didn't help either.

Board footer