You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-18 16:05:22

angelus

Konqueror and svg file thumbnail icons [SOLVED]

I was telled that konqueror can make a thumbnail icon of the svg files just as it does with other file formats (jpg, png, ...) but it doesn't seem to be working in my box.

Did anyone had the same problem before?

Does anyone has any idea?

Thanks   smile

#2 2005-08-20 02:22:20

angelus

Re: Konqueror and svg file thumbnail icons [SOLVED]

Reading the X errors log I found that when konqueror is trying to create a thumbnail for an svg image the following message is displayed.

It's pretty clear, but I'm wondering am I the only one having problems displaying thumbnails for svg files?

The kde build that I'm using is arch's default.

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /opt/kde/lib/kde3/picturethumbnail.so: undefined symbol: new_creator

I'd appreciate any advice or info that someone could give me. Thanks

#3 2005-08-22 19:47:16

angelus

Re: Konqueror and svg file thumbnail icons [SOLVED]

not the most elegant one, but it worked now.

I tried kde 3.4.2 from testing and got the same result, so i used abs to build kdebase-3.4.2 from source and patched kioslave/thumbnails/picturecreator.cpp from :

ThumbCreator *new_creator()

to

KDE_EXPORT ThumbCreator *new_creator()

rebuild the picturethumbnail.so library and replace the system one with the fresh one and now previewing svg images in konqueror works as it should.

Since i have no idea about kde or kde development, I'm just a new KDE user, so i don't know if this was a bug just in my box, in the arch KDE package or in KDE. I'd appreciate any info from another user or developer.

Board footer