You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-20 02:25:44

Gevalentino

Odd network problem...

Everything was fine until a few days ago, when for some reason I can't seem to understand, I can connect and use internet on any network except mine, by this i mean:
- I get a valid IP from the router.
- I can't ping the router(192.168.0.1 all packets lost) neither google.com(can't fin the host)
- Networkmanager lists me as connected
- When connecting using another devices, such as usb wifi , works fine.
- When connecting using ethernet works fine
- Hardware: Broadcom Wireless Card 4322 b/g/n (rev 01)
- Network Info:  wireless WPA2-PSK AUTO TKIP-AES and an auto-generated pwd (63 chars, maybe too long?, worked fine previously though).
- Connected to another WPA encrypted networks with my card and works fine.
- drivers haven't been changed since it worked last time about a week ago (no driver issue?)

[blahblah]
I've connected to WPA networks at College,  with an usb wifi adapter i can connect to my own network which is WPA2 so my network is fine (WPA2 btw).
Which makes me think, i can connect i can get an IP from the router, checking the router's Wi Fi clients, while connected from both wireless adapters, still i can't get internet connection from my integrated wireless card, which is a Broadcom Wireless Card 4322 b/g/n (rev 01), drivers haven't been changed since it worked last time about a week ago.
My router is a DIR-600, with wireless WPA2-PSK AUTO TKIP-AES and an auto-generated pwd(63 char string 0.o).[/blahblah]

I'm running linux kernel 3.3.2-1(Arch) with gnome 3.2.1-1 with networkmanager 0.9.2.0-3 on a 64 bit platform(so yeah all x86_64).

Don't know what another info i can supply to make helping me be easier, i've searched (google, for similar issues).

Well thanks in advance to anyone who could help me, or provide me with some information about this issue.

#2 2012-04-20 02:42:08

Gevalentino

Re: Odd network problem...

For some reason it get 1 Mbps as Bit rate with my network, its odd, if i try to set it at 54, it just fails to, and connections get lost, here are both adapters iwconfig , wlan1 is the usb adapter which is working right, wlan0 is the brcom device which has stopped working with my network only...

wlan1     IEEE 802.11bg  ESSID:"Valentino"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: 14:D6:4D:E0:DE:02   
          Bit Rate=18 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:on
          Link Quality=65/70  Signal level=-45 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:15   Missed beacon:0[/ins]

[ins]wlan0     IEEE 802.11bg  ESSID:"Valentino"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: 14:D6:4D:E0:DE:02   
          Bit Rate=1 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-34 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:12   Missed beacon:0

Last edited by Gevalentino (2012-04-20 06:23:24)

#3 2012-04-20 03:44:18

/dev/zero

0SDoJ.png

That's how your post looks to me. Please use code blocks, not coloured blocks.

Also, you may wish to use a more informative title.

Last edited by /dev/zero (2012-04-20 03:45:34)

#4 2012-04-20 06:24:55

Gevalentino

Note taken, And post modified, btw any  idea would could be causing this?

#5 2012-04-20 06:43:20

/dev/zero

Thanks for editing your post, that looks much better :-)

It's hard to say whether I can help. I don't use network manager. I had problems with it in the past.

Is it correct that you're trying to connect on two interfaces at once? This can cause problems. Please describe what happens when you try to use just one interface at a time.

Broadcom cards can be painful. I think yours is one of the better-supported ones; still, it may help if you say what drivers/modules you have loaded and so forth.

And also the output of,

ip route

For debugging, one idea to consider is temporarily disabling network manager and see whether you can connect from the command line using wpa_supplicant. The wiki has instructions on how to do this.

#6 2012-04-20 14:04:46

Gevalentino

I connected with to interfaces just to compare the working one with the none working one. I actually just use the usb adapter when i'm home, when i have access to one. As i said, now i'm at college, and my wi fi card works fine, but when i'm home it won't let me acces the network for some reason ican't understand, maybe some recent issue with WPA2? college has WPA encryption, but its odd because it worked fine before :S

#7 2012-04-20 14:51:18

Pres

What packages upgraded around the time this started? (Check your pacman.log for this)

Could be an issue caused by a newer version of a package. You can check by downgrading packages to test.

Also try using something other than networkmanger to test if it's an issue with that.

#8 2012-04-21 02:40:49

Gevalentino

Maybe i'm wrong, but i think, because i don't understand completely what networkmanager handles(correct me if i'm talking bs), that is networkmanager as nm, was the problem i shouldn't be able to connect with another device to the same network, after all is handling the same network, maybe some hardware issue?, but then how can i coonnect succesfully to other networks, i'll check pacman.log btw.

Board footer