You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-19 22:14:18

madchine
Website

Creating a PKGBUILD for an Adobe Air application

I just  bought the game Botanicula as part of the latest humble bundle. There is currently no PKGBUILD available in the AUR for the game.

There isn't much to running it: simply unzip the downloaded file and run in terminal:

adobe-air ./Botanicula.air 

However for a more permanent install: Is there any convention on how to deal with adobe air applications and the like? I.e.

- should i simply put the unzipping and copying instructions in the PKGBUILD? or in an install file?
- where should i put the big .air blob-file? '/usr/bin'? '/usr/lib'? and how? just 'cp'?
- what additional files could/should be created? a shell script with the above instruction? A .desktop file? There are none of the sort in the downloaded zip file so I would have to create some and include in the tar file.
- etc.

#2 2012-04-20 02:45:39

mike4ca

Re: Creating a PKGBUILD for an Adobe Air application

Can I ask how you got Adobe AIR installed?  I clicked on the download here link in the humble bundle support web page.  Running that binary gave me an error of "libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".  I installed "lib32-gtk2" (running 64bit arch).  Error went away but a window opened (from adobe) giving me links on how to install, but the links that are unreadable for me.

#3 2012-04-20 03:12:23

mike4ca

I found the wiki article for AIR here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Adobe_AIR, which has a link to the current AUR package .

#4 2012-04-20 08:43:57

madchine
Website

mike4ca wrote:

I found the wiki article for AIR here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Adobe_AIR, which has a link to the current AUR package .

And I guess that article also at least answers my question about where to put the .air file.

#5 2012-04-20 16:09:19

sas

madchine wrote:

And I guess that article also at least answers my question about where to put the .air file.

It suggests extracting it into /opt/airapps/<appname>/, but I wonder whether there's an actual reason behind that, or if it's just a random path made up by whoever wrote that wiki article.

I've never encountered an AIR app before, but usually game packages on Arch Linux install all game files into /usr/share/<packagename>/, except for:

• the launcher executable, which goes into /usr/bin/

• the .desktop file, which goes into /usr/share/applications/

• the icon, which goes into /usr/share/pixmaps/

(If any of these three - launcher, .desktop file and icon - are not provided by the upstream sources, the AUR package will usually create them manually.)

Last edited by sas (2012-04-20 16:14:20)

#6 2012-04-21 13:17:07

madchine
Website

Thanks, sas. I knew the wiki wasn't authoritative but it was at least something to go by. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

#7 2012-04-21 14:11:42

sas

There is now a botanicula package in AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58649
Is this yours?

#8 2012-04-22 07:58:58

madchine
Website

No, someone beat me to it, I guess.

Board footer