You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-25 20:28:53

nankura

Question Towards the News and Installation Media

Hello

Ok basically. Back a phew months ago an install was quite simple with arch. get past ncurses, setup the user etc. reboot into CLI, pacman -Syu everything went fine and automatic. install the DE, setup the graphical drivers. reboot and your in

But since the filesystem upgrade, and initscript updates. installation has become a pain, especially for newcomers to arch to find the solutions with deleting the locale file and updating the filesystem

So basically im just wondering if arch is planning to release new installation media, personally i doubt they will. its not really there fault the changes came along, but it would be nice if the arch installation didnt need the interventions especially for newcomers. either way im not bothered. arch still works great for me, im wondering if ill need to download new media at some point

Second Question is

Whats homer 0.1 within the news announcements, im a little confused by that and curious of the history of it

Last edited by nankura (2012-04-25 20:31:07)

#2 2012-04-25 20:35:45

DSpider

Re: Question Towards the News and Installation Media

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2012-04-25 20:51:24

Awebb

Re: Question Towards the News and Installation Media

If you have trouble with the current "stable" installer, why don't you have a look at the releng images?

Board footer