You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-03 18:08:45

waspy

[SOLVED] Unable to open styles and formatting in Openoffice Calc

Having a somewhat frustrating problem. I'm trying to change the default font style by accessing 'Styles and Formatting' (F11), but nothing happens. I tried it in Openoffice Write, and there it works fine. Am i missing something here? all i wanna do is change the default font and font size. I've googled it to no avail, and i couldn't find any config file, so i'm all out of ideas here.

Edit:

Of course it works the minute after i post this thread lol.. oh well, solved i guess.

Last edited by waspy (2012-05-03 18:17:35)

#2 2012-05-03 18:19:16

siriusb

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to open styles and formatting in Openoffice Calc

Have you tried that after you set the wished styles you save the spreadsheet as a template? File / Templates / Save?
As I recall you have to do something like this.

#3 2012-05-03 18:22:29

waspy

siriusb wrote:

Have you tried that after you set the wished styles you save the spreadsheet as a template? File / Templates / Save?
As I recall you have to do something like this.

I haven't tried that. But as i for some reason got the Styles and Formatting to open, i just modified the Default style. Problem solved.

#4 2012-05-04 05:52:21

siriusb

I see. Can you tell me that with your solution when creating a new spreadsheet you will have the new font as default?

#5 2012-05-04 06:55:52

waspy

siriusb wrote:

I see. Can you tell me that with your solution when creating a new spreadsheet you will have the new font as default?

I think i found out how to set it as a default for every new spreadsheet. First modify to the way you want it. Then go File > Templates > Save... and give it any name. Then go File > Templates > Organize... and double click the 'My Templates' folder and you will see your saved template. Now simply right click on it, and choose 'Set As Default Template' and voila! You will now have that template each time you open the program.

Cheers

Board footer