You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-11 01:54:49

headkase

Richard Stallman falls ill at conference.

I debated whether or not this should be in "Off-Topic" but that is labeled "Not..GNU/Linux Related" and Mr. Stallman is definitely GNU, as in he is GNU.  Anyway, here's the link: Richard Stallman falls ill at conference.  The article is pretty light on the details.  Mr. Stallman has had some questionable moments over time but that does not change the fact that for most of what he says he is right.  At least when it comes to software.

Besides Stallman there is of course Linus Torvalds, Bruce Perens, Eric S. Raymond, and a host of others.  Stallman and Torvalds in the limelight: if they suddenly passed it would send major waves through the open-source community.  I'm sure that it would survive but there would be a shuffle for a while while a new continuity was established.

I actually emailed Eric S. Raymond about 7 or 8 years ago now with a question on the Empire game he has been hacking for ages.  It was a long time ago - I don't remember the details - but, he emailed back.  This was at the height of The Cathedral and the Bazaar which of course led to Netscape founding Mozilla.  So, yeah, at the time I was pretty impressed he mailed back.. wink

#2 2012-05-11 02:05:46

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Richard Stallman falls ill at conference.

I'm not sure any person's health is related directly to GNU/Linux, though of course it would have an impact.

If this is to stay here, the discussion should be software/freedom related.  If we're going to chatter about Stallman (hope he's okay) then its off-topic material.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-05-11 02:10:41

headkase

Re: Richard Stallman falls ill at conference.

Wherever it is supposed to be is fine with myself.

Board footer