You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-31 02:12:35

Bysshe

Azureus won't download [solved]

Long story short, I took and backed up a bunch of data which was previously on an XP partition, and changed it to FAT32 expressly for the purpose of sharing the data between dual-booted operating systems.  Well, I noticed that
it doesn't quite work like I expected.   Yes, I can drag files to it, and use the shell to cp to it.  But I have a program that acts like it's kryptonite.  Cannot save files to it, and cannot be executed from it.  So far, it's the only program I use expecting to behave this way.  Watch out, my noob is showing.  This prefertudenaziculous program is called "azureus".

Actually, I'm not so sure it's anything more than the fact it's azureus not functioning properly.  Doh, I'm thinking out loud. 

Here is the output when I start it from the terminal:

[deleted] 'cause was probably from running in root...

Sorry about the mixup.

#2 2005-08-31 02:30:37

sud_crow
Website

Re: Azureus won't download [solved]

Im guessing here, but, did you saved to another partition some of the torrents? (not the torrent file itself, but the download from it).

Because, i think its not a fat issue, but an azureus one, for what i remember, once you saved to some partition you couldnt save to another.

I know this because it happened to me, the usual download partition was full and i wanted to save to another and couldnt do it. Although this was some time ago, i dont know if this was some kind of bug and its fixed by now.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#3 2005-08-31 03:06:49

Bysshe

Alright.  Update:  found the azureus package for arch.  Nice.  Now the problem is I can't install the "Tracker Static Pages,Trac 1.5.1" plugin from the updater engine as it's getting "permission denied" when it is tried to be installed.  This might be all that's holding me back.  Any thoughts?

I can't figure out how to install it.  sad

#4 2005-08-31 03:49:44

Bysshe

#5 2005-08-31 03:51:08

Bysshe

Found it!

If you are trying to save your downloads to a FAT32 (Windows) partition mounted under linux, you will need to enable the Tools -> Options... -> Files -> "Enable incremental file creation" option. Otherwise you will get "Operation not permitted (allocateFiles...)" errors during file allocation.

Was actually in the Wiki over at the azureus site.

Board footer