You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-18 20:26:20

unhammer
Website

[SOLVED] how to do colour profiling/calibrating (when using XFCE)

Today I got my ColorHug colorimeter (for screen calibration) in the mail.

I'm using XFCE, and see that the standard way to load a profile is to just put "xcalib profile.icc" in some autorun.
And I see that by installing the colorhug-client I get a simple way of flashing the device itself.

But what's the standard way to calibrate/profile my monitor in XFCE? Gnome has gnome-color-manager, which seems to make things really easy, but when I installed that and did gcm-calibrate, I just got "No device specified!" and there was no --help at all; does it only work when you're logged into Gnome Shell?

I then tried dispcalGUI, which is quite scary-looking. But this program at least recognized the ColorHug and had big buttons saying Calibrate/Profile which show lots of big coloured squares for my new device to hug. But even after rtfm-ing the terms I'm not 100 % clear on the difference between calibration and profiling/characterisation, can I use the same device for both processes?

Last edited by unhammer (2012-05-23 12:55:02)

#2 2012-05-23 12:56:40

unhammer
Website

Re: [SOLVED] how to do colour profiling/calibrating (when using XFCE)

#3 2012-12-18 09:56:19

unhammer
Website

Re: [SOLVED] how to do colour profiling/calibrating (when using XFCE)

Note: this seems to work

$ sudo pacman -S gnome-settings-daemon

$ /usr/lib/gnome-settings-daemon/gnome-settings-daemon &

$ colormgr get-devices # take note of the Device ID of the one with Type: display, e.g. "xrandr-Acme Corp"

$ gcm-calibrate --device="some Device ID"

Board footer