You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-01 13:11:42

agilyben

Help Please: DVR - what card is this?

Hi All,

I have been googling for a while and can't seem to figure this out.  I have a Qosmio G15 laptop with Windows Media Center Edition 2005 (and of course the main OS - ArchLinux).

I'm wanting to attempt a MythTV install but I can't for the life of me, figure out what kind of TV card mine is compatible to.

Under windows it's listed as: TOSHIBA PCI TV TUNER type W, and in case it helps, some of the driver files it uses is:

drmk.sys, ks.sys, portcls.sys, stream.sys, ttv200x.sys, Tvs.sys, iyuv_32.dll, wdmaud.drv, msh263.drv and it has a few others, but I thought they were probably generic.

Does anyone have any idea at all what kind of card this would be compatible with for a MythTV load?

Thank you VERY much for any help at all.  This is the only thing left that's keeping my Win partition on this box.  :-)

#2 2005-09-01 19:13:14

jackmetal

Re: Help Please: DVR - what card is this?

I've been poking around and haven't been able to find it out.  I have a Qosmio and have thought about booting into Win Media Center and running BtSpy.  It's supposed to create a config for the tuner you have, but so far I've been unable to get it to run.  I tried it earlier, but I can't remember what error I got.

I'm about to start my MythTV install, so hopefully I can figure out which driver it's compatible with.  I'm guessing bt

--

Some of the world's greatest feats were
accomplished by people not smart enough
to know they were impossible.
-- Doug Larson

Board footer