You are not logged in.

#1 2002-12-23 09:45:35

setakht

Audigy and AL

Anyone been able to get the audigy drivers from opensource.creative.com to work? I try to compile them but I get errors for the kernel source not being in the right place....speaking of which, where do I get the kernel source for the stock kernel in .4?

Thanks

#2 2002-12-23 10:24:11

Anarconda

Re: Audigy and AL

Well I don't answer your question. But I use the ALSA driver with my Audigy and works fine.

Scientia et sapientia patrimonium humanitatis sunt.

#3 2002-12-23 11:42:46

zen_guerrilla

setakht wrote:

Anyone been able to get the audigy drivers from opensource.creative.com to work? I try to compile them but I get errors for the kernel source not being in the right place....speaking of which, where do I get the kernel source for the stock kernel in .4?
Thanks

I'm not home (near on my arch cd-rom) currently but as I recall the kernel source is either on the root of the disc or on the arch dir. To install creative drv's compile your kernel (make sure u select sound support -not emu10k1- and oss if u want sequencer support) and boot it. If everything is ok, mv /usr/src/linux to /usr/src/linux-arch and "ln -sf /usr/src/linux-2.4.20 /usr/src/linux". Then simply untar the drv pkg, edit config and run make twice & then make install & make tools.
My suggestion is to use cvs version of the drivers cause they work better with audigies (I have a plain sblive so can't confirm that smile)

.:: zen ::.

#4 2002-12-23 17:48:32

setakht

Seems I'm getting multiple compile errors when I try to make the kernel. Should I just go the ABS route as listed in the FAQ? Also, I've never gotten my audigy to work with ALSA before, could anyone tell me how to install the drivers? And while I'm on the subject of not knowing what's up (gentoo refugee) my mobo has an SiS chipset so it uses the usb-ohci module. I have it set as "alias /dev/usb usb-ohci" in the modules.conf - is that correct? It won't load on boot but I can modprobe it once the system is up, I'm just unfamiliar with the traditional way of configuring modules.

Thanks
setakht

#5 2002-12-23 17:56:04

sarah31
Website

where are your error happening exactly? what are the errors? what procedures have you followed?

as for the ohci i don't know for sure but you could try the alias line with out the "/dev/usb" or you could just put "modprobe usb-ohci" or "modprobe usb ohci" on /etc/rc.local.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#6 2002-12-23 18:25:56

zen_guerrilla

setakht wrote:

And while I'm on the subject of not knowing what's up (gentoo refugee) my mobo has an SiS chipset so it uses the usb-ohci module. I have it set as "alias /dev/usb usb-ohci" in the modules.conf - is that correct? It won't load on boot but I can modprobe it once the system is up, I'm just unfamiliar with the traditional way of configuring modules.

If u want to auto-load the module for a usb device i.e. usb mouse (/dev/mouse) put a line on /etc/modules.conf :

alias device driver (i.e. alias /dev/usbmouse hid)
pre-install hid /sbin/modprobe usb-ohci

This will load usb-ohci and hid every time you need access to /dev/usbmouse device.

.:: zen ::.

#7 2002-12-23 19:15:37

setakht

I've got it pretty much resolved as of this moment big_smile. What I did was use the abs method to compile a kernel, then I copied the source and config to /usr/src from the abs/base/kernel/src directory and renamed it to "linux" then recompiled the Nvidia drivers and successfully compiled the audigy drivers.  I took care of the usb and network by hard compiling them into the kernel. All and all it wasn't too difficult, and I'm really liking archlinux. However I do think the abs should have some way of symlinking to the proper places when you build a new kernel and running lilo.

matt

#8 2002-12-23 20:22:06

Rouslan

setakht wrote:

I have it set as "alias /dev/usb usb-ohci" in the modules.conf - is that correct?

This works better smile :

alias usb-controller usb-uhci

Rouslan

Board footer