You are not logged in.

#1 2003-12-15 15:07:07

Nickm

Rosegarden I can't get it compiled

I've been trying to get rosegarden to compile for quite some time now. but somehow I never succeed. I compiled it once when I disabled alsa support and enabled arts support. I tried the latest cvs today but the built exited with:

/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -DRGKDE3 -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fno-gcse -fexceptions   -o libRosegardenSound.la   AudioFile.lo AudioFileManager.lo BWFAudioFile.lo ControlBlock.lo MappedComposition.lo MappedDevice.lo MappedEvent.lo MappedInstrument.lo MappedRealTime.lo MappedStudio.lo MidiEvent.lo MidiFile.lo MP3AudioFile.lo PeakFile.lo PeakFileManager.lo Plugins.lo RIFFAudioFile.lo RingBuffer.lo SF2PatchExtractor.lo SoundFile.lo WAVAudioFile.lo PeakFile.moc.lo MidiFile.moc.lo AudioFileManager.moc.lo PeakFileManager.moc.lo   -lmad -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread -lz
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -DRGKDE3 -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fno-gcse -fexceptions   -o libRosegardenSequencer.la -rpath /opt/kde/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/opt/qt/lib -L/opt/kde/lib  -R /opt/kde/lib -R /opt/qt/lib -R /usr/X11R6/lib -module -no-undefined AlsaDriver.lo AlsaPort.lo LADSPAPluginInstance.lo Sequencer.lo SoundDriver.lo -lqt-mt  -lz -lpng -lz -lm -lXext -lX11  -lSM -lICE -lpthread  libRosegardenSound.la ../base/libbase.la  -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread   -lmad -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread -lz
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `mad_version'
./.libs/libRosegardenSound.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x40): multiple definition of `mad_copyright'
./.libs/libRosegardenSound.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x40): first defined here
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x66): multiple definition of `mad_author'
./.libs/libRosegardenSound.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x66): first defined here
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x83): multiple definition of `mad_build'

and a lot more of that.

can anyone help me or does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanx in advance,
Nick

#2 2003-12-15 16:34:08

famavolat
Website

Re: Rosegarden I can't get it compiled

Wow this looks like a great program!
To bad I'm having no luck compiling it either.  :cry:
Sorry I couldn't have been any help. Just adding to the flames.  big_smile

#3 2003-12-15 22:03:58

dp
Website

famavolat wrote:

Wow this looks like a great program!
To bad I'm having no luck compiling it either.  :cry:
Sorry I couldn't have been any help. Just adding to the flames.  big_smile

... this is a great programm !! ... unfortunately i was also not able to compile it :-(

if you hurry (=need it), maybe you are able to compile rosegarden 2.1 ( http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosega … index.html )

EDIT: ... and if you need "ladspa" ( www.ladspa.org rosegarden-4 may work with them ... you need them installed at build-time when you like to compile this feature in i think), i built them about 2 months ago ... they are in my TUR ( http://tur.berlios.de/repos.php )

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2003-12-16 08:58:05

Nickm

I have the ladspa header installed, I'll try it again without alsa support sad
it must somehow be alsa related, i guess.

actually I want it to compile with alsa support, but if it works with arts does anyone know how to set up midi with arts ??

I've never used midi before, so I don't know how to set it up
I've compiled it with arts,
run
./configure --prefix=/opt/kde --with-arts
to compile without alsa support and with arts

also the following files need patching
gui/notefont.h
gui/notefontviewer.h

add
#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
to them

now it compiles cleanly without alsa support.

Board footer