You are not logged in.

#1 2003-12-15 15:07:07

Nickm

Rosegarden I can't get it compiled

I've been trying to get rosegarden to compile for quite some time now. but somehow I never succeed. I compiled it once when I disabled alsa support and enabled arts support. I tried the latest cvs today but the built exited with:

/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -DRGKDE3 -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fno-gcse -fexceptions   -o libRosegardenSound.la   AudioFile.lo AudioFileManager.lo BWFAudioFile.lo ControlBlock.lo MappedComposition.lo MappedDevice.lo MappedEvent.lo MappedInstrument.lo MappedRealTime.lo MappedStudio.lo MidiEvent.lo MidiFile.lo MP3AudioFile.lo PeakFile.lo PeakFileManager.lo Plugins.lo RIFFAudioFile.lo RingBuffer.lo SF2PatchExtractor.lo SoundFile.lo WAVAudioFile.lo PeakFile.moc.lo MidiFile.moc.lo AudioFileManager.moc.lo PeakFileManager.moc.lo   -lmad -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread -lz
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -DRGKDE3 -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -fno-gcse -fexceptions   -o libRosegardenSequencer.la -rpath /opt/kde/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/opt/qt/lib -L/opt/kde/lib  -R /opt/kde/lib -R /opt/qt/lib -R /usr/X11R6/lib -module -no-undefined AlsaDriver.lo AlsaPort.lo LADSPAPluginInstance.lo Sequencer.lo SoundDriver.lo -lqt-mt  -lz -lpng -lz -lm -lXext -lX11  -lSM -lICE -lpthread  libRosegardenSound.la ../base/libbase.la  -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread   -lmad -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread -lz
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `mad_version'
./.libs/libRosegardenSound.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x40): multiple definition of `mad_copyright'
./.libs/libRosegardenSound.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x40): first defined here
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x66): multiple definition of `mad_author'
./.libs/libRosegardenSound.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x66): first defined here
../base/.libs/libbase.a(version.o)(.rodata+0x83): multiple definition of `mad_build'

and a lot more of that.

can anyone help me or does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanx in advance,
Nick

Who is peer, and why is he resetting my connection ??

#2 2003-12-15 16:34:08

famavolat
Website

Re: Rosegarden I can't get it compiled

Wow this looks like a great program!
To bad I'm having no luck compiling it either.  :cry:
Sorry I couldn't have been any help. Just adding to the flames.  big_smile

#3 2003-12-15 22:03:58

dp
Website

famavolat wrote:

Wow this looks like a great program!
To bad I'm having no luck compiling it either.  :cry:
Sorry I couldn't have been any help. Just adding to the flames.  big_smile

... this is a great programm !! ... unfortunately i was also not able to compile it :-(

if you hurry (=need it), maybe you are able to compile rosegarden 2.1 ( http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosega … index.html )

EDIT: ... and if you need "ladspa" ( www.ladspa.org rosegarden-4 may work with them ... you need them installed at build-time when you like to compile this feature in i think), i built them about 2 months ago ... they are in my TUR ( http://tur.berlios.de/repos.php )

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2003-12-16 08:58:05

Nickm

I have the ladspa header installed, I'll try it again without alsa support sad
it must somehow be alsa related, i guess.

actually I want it to compile with alsa support, but if it works with arts does anyone know how to set up midi with arts ??

I've never used midi before, so I don't know how to set it up
I've compiled it with arts,
run
./configure --prefix=/opt/kde --with-arts
to compile without alsa support and with arts

also the following files need patching
gui/notefont.h
gui/notefontviewer.h

add
#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
to them

now it compiles cleanly without alsa support.

Who is peer, and why is he resetting my connection ??

Board footer