You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-01 03:47:47

Zenogias

Video freezing. slow video loading, blue lines...

Well, I installed Arch (x86_64) recently and followed the beginner's guide which suggested that i install 'xf86-video-ati' for my ATI video card. I have a Radeon HD 4350 video card. After installing flash, I went to youtube and the videos take longer to load than on my prior ubuntu system, and sometimes the it will freeze while the audio keeps going. Although once it loads, there is no lag so it's not internet connection. (I downloaded a 100mb file in a couple minutes) When I click on full screen, it won't listen and gives me a flicker on the screen. I have to try it a few times to get my full screen working. And I'm getting these weird thin blue lines going through my downloads window for firefox.

I'm wondering if I have to download the proprietary driver at the ATI website. I did find a driver for the Radeon HD 4300 Series. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!

FYI, I installed WMFS2

#2 2012-06-01 06:25:13

Gcool

Re: Video freezing. slow video loading, blue lines...

Is it only flash videos that behave this way (so "normal" video playback is fine)? Perhaps give this a try/check.

Burninate!

#3 2012-06-01 08:10:21

DSpider

Re: Video freezing. slow video loading, blue lines...

You probably shouldn't be using hardware acceleration in Flash with open source drivers (xf86-video-ati).

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 1#p1108851

Also: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Be … tc.2Fhosts

Errors in this entry may cause poor network performance and/or certain programs to open very slowly, or not work at all. This is a very common error for beginners.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

Board footer